Old 09-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
AlohaDan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
Carrier: verizon wireless
Cool Duplicate Contacts on Wireless Sync

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I did an advanced search on this issue at this forum and have not found anything on this, so I apologize if this was already been discussed.

I have a Verizon 7250 OS 4.0.0.204 (platform 2.0.0.28) using BES 4, and synchronize with my corporate outlook account. I wirelessly sync my calendar, tasks, contacts, and memo. Herein lies the problem...my contacts are duplicated when I do a wireless sync. I made sure under options that duplicates are set to "No". When I disable the wireless feature in contacts, clear it through the desktop manager (v4.0.0.30), and do a "wired" sync through intellisync, I do not get any duplicates. My calendar, tasks and memo are fine using wireless sync. When I'm on my PC/Outlook, I don't see any duplicates either on my contact list.

Does anyone encountered a similar issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aloha
Old 09-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #2
jlopatin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

does your company use InterAction?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #3
AlohaDan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I am not sure, and I don't know what that is either.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Go to your Contacts. Click the trackwheel and select Options. Change Wireless Sync to No. Connect your handheld to your PC. Open Desktop Manager. Click on Backup and Restore. Click on Advanced. On the right, select Address Book (I believe, maybe Contacts). Click on Clear. Once done, go back to Contacts on your handheld. Click on Options again and change Wireless Sync to Yes.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:01 PM   #5
AlohaDan

Default Sorry, I did that to clear and reset. But the issues is wireless sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Go to your Contacts. Click the trackwheel and select Options. Change Wireless Sync to No. Connect your handheld to your PC. Open Desktop Manager. Click on Backup and Restore. Click on Advanced. On the right, select Address Book (I believe, maybe Contacts). Click on Clear. Once done, go back to Contacts on your handheld. Click on Options again and change Wireless Sync to Yes.
Yes, I did those steps to clear the contact list. As I mentioned, when I do a reset/resync with wireless sync on, I still get contact duplicates. But when I clear again and reset/resync using "wired" Intellisync, then I don't get the duplicates.

Outlook <-> BES <-> BB7250
Wireless Sync = Duplicates on Contacts
Wired Sync (via Intellisync) = NO duplications

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Aloha
Old 09-21-2005, 06:58 AM   #6
remoteservices

Model: 7290

My company user Interaction and we are having issues with duplicate contacts any ideas

Cheers
Susan
Old 10-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #7
amullins

Model: 8700
Carrier: Tmobile

I am having the same issue and found it be, in my case, multiple contact folders within Outlook. I found that these folders do contain duplicates, but when using the older ver of the desktop software I was able to work around this . Within Outlook, under properties of the contact folder you can uncheck show this folder as an email address book. This does not work with the new version. Most of my users create these folders as email groups and not so much as separate contact folders.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:58 AM   #8
Kaps

Model: 7300

We also have InterAction here and are experience issues with duplicate and insome instance triplicate contacts. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Closed Thread