Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
chiz45

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: telus
Default browser history Torch

Please Login to Remove!

when I follow the steps of closing all tabs, and going into options and clear the history and cache, etc, it clears it all, but if I go back to home screen, and search the black berry, the browser history is still there???? cant figure this out!?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK
Default Re: browser history Torch

I did some research and it can normally be cleared by doing a battery pull after clearing the history. This will stop it showing up in universal search.

Another method is to go into the universal search settings and uncheck Browser History so that it just does not appear there altogether.
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
chiz45

I assume battery pull means simply taking out battery and putting it back in after i do a history clear.

And secondly, unchecking the browser history in the universal search means that if someone wanted to, they could go and check it again, and then search.

Where is this browser history being kept? Its annoying you cant just go into a browser folder and clear everything just like a computer.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK

Yes simply remove the battery whilst the device is on, replace it and allow the device to reboot.

I agree that someone could go in and check it again, yet it appears that as of now there is no other way to prevent it from coming to search. The history is likely to be kept in 'cached data' that enables universal search to work as quickly as it does. You can clear it in the browser and it will remove the data from the location it is stored at, yet it appears that a battery pull, or reset is required to purge this cached data of information that is now redundant.

Another thing you could try which I am not entirely sure if it will work or not yet it is much more convenient; what happens if you clear browser history, and then turn the device off and then on again (using the power key), does this clear the data and prevent it from coming up in search?
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
chiz45

thx alot for all your help, i doubt the power on/off will work since i had some incidental power on/offs last week and the history was staying for a week
Closed Thread