Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #41
vinny9000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Lucretius, have you try to contact OtterBox with the question ?

just sent a email regarding the "2"

Last edited by vinny9000; 04-29-2009 at 05:31 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #42
Lucretius
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny9000 View Post
Lucretius, have you try to contact OtterBox with the question ?
No, I was just curious.

Good news though, I got my otter in the mail today and I didn't see any raised plastic areas. I got a nice little anti-scratch film to go with mine too, which would have prevented the aforementioned scuffing anyway.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #43
bmr653

Model: 9530
Carrier: Bell mobility

So no Reply to the muffled cant hear a word I'm saying issue?
Old 05-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #44
vinny9000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

just got today a reply from OtterBox, here her message :

Update for Case #39457 - "what is the protection on a Bold"

The issue that we had with the 8350i case is not the issue with any of our other cases. The Bold case will not imprint a 2 on your device and the 8350i case has been fixed so that it will not do it to the 8350i anymore.

Thank you,
Natasha Meggenberg
Old 06-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #45
Imcrackedout

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telus

Hate to bring up an old thread, but wondering what the latest news regarding muffled/echo sounds with the otterbox. I just bought the otterbox for 8350i with direct connect (telus) and aside form having a very poor factory mic, it just got worse withe the otterbox. I filed out the hole on the bottom of the box but little to no improvement, and my callersare hearing thier own echo. To say the least, this blows, perhaps the next software update will correct or improve the factory mic. Anyone else try anything different for sound quality? I primarily use this as a business phone and as nice as it is to have emails/text and web access but I would really prefer my old school phone that worked very well. Is it just me or are we taking a step back with this darn new technology? How can a new phone be crap?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #46
xxwckdxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
PIN: 402ab???
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imcrackedout View Post
Hate to bring up an old thread, but wondering what the latest news regarding muffled/echo sounds with the otterbox. I just bought the otterbox for 8350i with direct connect (telus) and aside form having a very poor factory mic, it just got worse withe the otterbox. I filed out the hole on the bottom of the box but little to no improvement, and my callersare hearing thier own echo. To say the least, this blows, perhaps the next software update will correct or improve the factory mic. Anyone else try anything different for sound quality? I primarily use this as a business phone and as nice as it is to have emails/text and web access but I would really prefer my old school phone that worked very well. Is it just me or are we taking a step back with this darn new technology? How can a new phone be crap?
What version os are you running? press Alt + (left) aA + H to find out most people are not having any problems anymore to my knowledge
Old 06-19-2009, 04:16 AM   #47
garyf33

I still get people telling me I sound muffled and the echo when I use my otterbox. I also enlarged the hole for the mic with little to no improvement.

I'm running OS .204
Old 06-19-2009, 05:29 AM   #48
Imcrackedout

I am running .194.Looks to be the latest for my carrier Telus. I updated my BB desktop and checked for any os updates and nothing. I may take the phone back just to make sure the speaker is not bad, I was not happy since day one with the mic, its only wosre now.
I did make a call with the plastic film key cover off and it made a difference so I don't know if I should just leave the plastic off, but then I would lose the protection from dust which I work in all day long.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #49
xxwckdxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Both of you can try this it was working for some people when they were having echos inc...press the green talk button > blackberry(menu) button > go to options > General Options > then set the default call volume to 50% see if that helps
Old 06-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #50
Imcrackedout

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxwckdxx View Post
Both of you can try this it was working for some people when they were having echos inc...press the green talk button > blackberry(menu) button > go to options > General Options > then set the default call volume to 50% see if that helps
I have tried that also but all it does is decrease the ear piece volume down so than its hard to hear others, I can see it creating less echo but the mic still blows?
Old 06-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #51
xxwckdxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hard for me to say much as far as help you iam on Nextel and our last update fixed mine
Old 06-20-2009, 06:08 AM   #52
Imcrackedout

Thanks for the effort anyway, I wll keep trying.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #53
DavidPDye

Model: 8900
Carrier: Viaero
Default Otterbox Echo

I have read all the posts, and have the same problem of the echo driving people crazy. I had a previous otterbox on my older BB, and loved it. Hope I can get a fix for this as I like the case. Have emailed the customer service, will let everyone know what happens. Tried some of the posts attempts to fix problem along with other websites, and nothing has worked so far.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #54
Imcrackedout

looks like it will be a software fix so we will have to wait.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #55
spnglmaker

Carrier: Sprint

Has anyone tried the new Otterbox Impact series case? Perhaps the echo problem has been remedied?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #56
Imcrackedout

I have not tried it, but it looks pretty good. I would think there would not be an echo problem with this case because its not totally concealed, thats where the other box has problems, the voice echos within the case itself. For the $20 its worth a try.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #57
Stu_Tour

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

What do you Otterbox defender users think about the protective screen? Do you use it or not? On one hand, I see the usefulness of extra protection for the screen and keyboard but on the other hand, I don't see the point of putting yet another layer of plastic between me and the screen/keyboard (seems a bit silly).
Old 09-26-2009, 02:31 AM   #58
Sardonick

Carrier: NextelSucks
Unhappy 8350i Same

I actually like the plastic protector and I hated it when I first saw it. Looked at it as stupid, but it's quite nice and molded really well to fit the keys.
As for the echo and the "NobodyCanHearMe" issue, both of those are still huge for me and I'm waiting for OtterBox to reply to my email.
So far, good protection is not worth the tradeoff of lousy sound quality with no fix, especially on a business phone. Oh, and BB issuing software that limits the volume to 50% isn't a fix, it's a bandage.
As for Nextel service, two tin cans and a string are better quality than their phones and a street vendor in Calcutta provides better customer service....even on New Year's Day.....after a soccer riot. Nextel=NexFAIL

Last edited by Sardonick; 09-26-2009 at 02:32 AM..
Old 09-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #59
Imcrackedout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardonick View Post
I actually like the plastic protector and I hated it when I first saw it. Looked at it as stupid, but it's quite nice and molded really well to fit the keys.
As for the echo and the "NobodyCanHearMe" issue, both of those are still huge for me and I'm waiting for OtterBox to reply to my email.
So far, good protection is not worth the tradeoff of lousy sound quality with no fix, especially on a business phone. Oh, and BB issuing software that limits the volume to 50% isn't a fix, it's a bandage.
As for Nextel service, two tin cans and a string are better quality than their phones and a street vendor in Calcutta provides better customer service....even on New Year's Day.....after a soccer riot. Nextel=NexFAIL
I hear what your saying! What good is a protector if nobody can bear to listen to you speak, its really anoying for others. My otterbox sits in the console of my truck! I can't afford to have customers hang up out of frustration! I am also dumping the useless MIKE sytem for a BB using the Telus pcs system, more and more collegues are dropping it, so I have less need for the two-way, I will miss some of the conveniance, but oh well
Old 01-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #60
brobertson97

Carrier: Nextel

I have an 8350i. I have also purchased the Otter box. I found 2 problems. The first was muffled voices during calls and/or radio usage. I fixed this issue by removing the "white screen" that was at both speaker locations. After that, the problem was gone! 2nd, the keyboard protector left something to be desired, as whenever I typed the letter on either side wld type also. So I just removed it. I hve nvr had the "echo" problem, but then again my case has the foam o ring.

Bill Robertson
Closed Thread