BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:18 AM   #21
Dan54

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

This post is by far one of the best I have seen on this board. I have owned my BB 8320 for almost a year and am barely using all the features mentioned as opposed to just an average cell phone
Old 11-05-2008, 03:10 AM   #22
LiGhtNiNRoD

Model: 8310
PIN: 133701337
Carrier: AT&T

Excellent post! You should work for RIM! Hee hee, =P
Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 AM   #23
PaulMdx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: T of Guinness
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic View Post
......um....read and respond to your email??
I'm not sure I'd classify that as a "cool thing".

Also, please don't quote the whole original post in your reply. You added about 30% to the length of the page for no reason.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #24
badabing79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrddrv View Post
Any known free alternative (appart from VNC) ?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #25
ppapared
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800

Don't forget Rove Mobile Admin for remote management of your servers. It also has graphical remote control of servers or desktops. Use it all the time to reset user passwords while at lunch
Old 11-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #26
clevebb

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint always

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Does that mean you had to look it up?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:30 AM   #27
wissawac

Model: 8300
Carrier: AIS

Sometimes when i convert movie into BB, sound work fine but screen is delayed.
Any idea?
Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #28
JBall8276

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Great post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #29
cliffjenkins

PIN: 2435EFA5
Post Brighter light

One night I needed some sort of light beside the screen, I went to the camera app and then to option and turned the flash on manual, talk about a bright light!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #30
Jperez18

Now if only I could program my BB to pay my bills, do my laundry and cook my meals...it would be the ultimate device! haha
Old 12-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #31
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jperez18 View Post
Now if only I could program my BB to pay my bills, do my laundry and cook my meals...it would be the ultimate device! haha
Weeellll...there is SplashMoney for bill payment and online bank sychronization (and budget reporting etc. etc. etc.)

You can also keep your grocery shopping list with you everywhere you go. I'm always thinking of what I need at the weirdest times. Used to keep a list at home or in my purse, but if I wasn't home or near my purse I never remembered what I needed to later to write it down. Now I can just add it to my grocery list on the BB (using SplashShopper for that). I really do find this to be immensely helpful.

CellFire for getting coupons directly on your device to use for discounts. Very cool and I hope this sees big growth because I'm tired of cutting coupons and then forgetting them or them expiring, etc. With cellFire you just look to see what current offers there are and when you get to the locale of the offer you pull up the coupon code and then bingo...discount applied.

My camera came in super handy when my step son had a serious accident. He actually called me himself immediately after it happened so like any parent I ran out the door with cell phone, keys and a towel on my wet hair (I had just gotten out of the shower). I had grabbed the phone because I knew I needed to call his father enroute to the scene of the accident. Because I had my phone with me I was able to get pictures. I know that may sound a little weird that I'm glad I have them...but it's a good reminder of how much worse it could have been and how lucky he (and the other driver) were. I don't hesitate to whip those out to show his friends or another parent or anyone that just seems to need reminding of the seriousness of not paying attention while driving.

Mine also came in handy visiting my parents. My husband and step son wanted to hit golf balls but my dad doesn't play golf so has no idea what options there are near him. He got out the yellow pages, I whipped out my Blackberry. I fired up windows live (he started flipping pages), I searched for golf courses in the area (he was still flipping pages), I looked at the locations from the results (he was now running his finger down the page and calling out names of miscellaneous courses for "approval" I guess). I clicked on the phone number of one that was listed as only 9 miles away. He was having a discussion with my mother, my husband and my step son trying to decide which course might be closest and open to the public. My phone call went through, someone answered and confirmed it wasn't a members only course and I hung up. I then had to wait for my family to finish their conversation at which point my father announced he would call ______ to see if they were open to the public. He then got up to go get the phone and I told them I had found one. It was kind of comical really.

I can research movies and update my netflix queue whenever I want. Someone recommends a movie, I can add it to my queue right then and there.

I can listen to "books on tape" (Audible) on a long commute or when working out.

At any given time I have at least 4 or 5 novels ready for me to read them, without hauling stacks of books (Mobi Reader).

I can call my parents and video tape my husband doing a happy dance to "rub it in" that my dad's favorite team just lost...my dad just needs to go to Qik online to see it live, while it's happening. This would be so cool to use for new parents to show off their little ones to new grandparents. Not the best picture quality, but can you imagine being able to talk to the new parents while seeing your grandchild for the first time at the same time?

I saw where someone wanted to be able to monitor their security cameras and sure enough, there is a program out there you can load on your BB that enables you to do exactly that.

Really, every day it seems more apps are being developed. This reminds me of what Palm used to be. It's very exciting.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #32
rurapente

Model: 8900
Carrier: Vodacom SA
Default nice.

but i dont agree with the typing faster than on iphone. my iphone "buttons" were actually bigger than any BB i've used, so i went from a +/- 5% error rate on the iphone to about 20% on the BB.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #33
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurapente View Post
but i dont agree with the typing faster than on iphone. my iphone "buttons" were actually bigger than any BB i've used, so i went from a +/- 5% error rate on the iphone to about 20% on the BB.
It's an adjustment. You'll get back to normal with time and practice.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:40 AM   #34
rurapente

Model: 8900
Carrier: Vodacom SA

yeah u right. i just need to give it time. its getting easier already.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #35
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK

Kudos for the thread.
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:25 AM   #36
kinesen

Model: 9000
PIN: 25671149
Carrier: Telenor

Set your calendar to automatically switch profiles. If you have classes between 9am and 2pm you can set it to vibrate during that time and go back to normal during other times. -BB Profiles

Need some more help I run Bold
Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #37
Damaged7

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers

C'mon with the emulator info already.

Its cool and all for you to tell us about it, but if you're not gonna tell us how to do it then thats just a tease.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #38
Spoor

How do I do this one?

Set your calendar to automatically switch profiles. If you have classes between 9am and 2pm you can set it to vibrate during that time and go back to normal during other times. -BB Profiles
Old 05-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #39
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

You need a schedule profiler.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #40
AJEnglish

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

This is a great post as I have only had my Curve for about 1 1/2 months, had a Pearl before that.

I have discovered one feature that i wish was on the Curve. When I am on a phone call, I would love to be able to hit the voice recorder, especially if I am receiving directions or a witness is telling me something I would like to relay to our attorney. Anyone know of a way to do this, or an app that will do that?

TNX
Closed Thread