Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #61
califdan

Model: 7510
Default Rover

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgirl
sorry for the double post, but can someone tell me what rover is and where I can get some documentation for it. I am an admin so I dont use BIS, so I dont know much about it.
Sorry to throw you off the bis 2.o topic, but bbgirl asked a question about our product rover.
www.niceoffice.com
Old 06-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #62
thenotoriousrob

Model: 8700c
Default got screwed

Since I was on an AT&T 7280 until yesterday, I was forced to "migrate" over to Cingular to get the 8700c. The device is great, but after setting up all of my emails (again), I looked everywhere for the webclient which allows me to access my mail from a PC.
After reading some posts here, I now realize that we got screwed in the "upgrade" process. The cons of 2.0 far outweigh the pros.
In fact, I'm having a tough time figuring out one thing...

Under Messages, Option, Email Reconciliation and Message Services... "Desktop" is not an option, as mentioned in a previous post. My choices are the 4 POP email accounts I get mail to and my blackberry.net email. Which one do I want to set this to, or why would I want it set to any particular one?
If I leave the setting to Delete on Handheld only, it really doesn't matter does it?

I just HATE the fact that when you delete from Handheld & Mailbox it pulls it from your POP mail and trashes it.
That was always my fail-safe, I could delete everything and know that I could still get it at home.

So will they have the old webclient again?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #63
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

I'd say the approx. 500MB quota is a pretty good plus of BIS 2.0 !!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #64
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by califdan
Sorry to throw you off the bis 2.o topic, but bbgirl asked a question about our product rover.
www.niceoffice.com
-----

No problem, but next time you respond to a post when there are so many posts between it and your response, please, use the quote button, for all us people with short memories. It just helps to know what you're responding to.

Thanks
Rcbjr.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #65
Berry One

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotoriousrob
I just HATE the fact that when you delete from Handheld & Mailbox it pulls it from your POP mail and trashes it.
Disable wireless reconcilliation for each of your email accounts, and your deletions on blackberry will stay on blackberry.

Quote:
So will they have the old webclient again?
They better don't.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #66
jmobbs
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: cingular

Don't know if I understand very well, so I apologize from the git go.
When you delete an email, you get two options, 1) Delete on Mail Box and Handheld, or 2) on Handheld. If you choose option one does it delete the email on my pc server so I can't or won't have it when I return to the office or ? If I choose option two, it will stay on the server and will be there or ?
Please explain. I want my emails to be on my pc when I return to the office.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:59 PM   #67
buttebound

Question bis 2.0/"default" sending address on 8700c/cingular

I have been playing around with my 8700c now that I am on BIS 2.0 and discovered a "default" sending address when composing a message. I cannot for the life of me find where to change what my "default" is. Any help?

Thanks in advance, new to the fourm, learning alot.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #68
whsbuss

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttebound
I have been playing around with my 8700c now that I am on BIS 2.0 and discovered a "default" sending address when composing a message. I cannot for the life of me find where to change what my "default" is. Any help?

Thanks in advance, new to the fourm, learning alot.
Options->Advanced Options->Message Services
Old 06-28-2006, 08:22 PM   #69
buttebound

thanks for the reply - only thing there is Messagin (CMIME): which was set to webmail, i changed it to my desired account with no effect. Any other ideas?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:07 AM   #70
cooperpwc

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
Options->Advanced Options->Message Services
This answer is correct (I just tested it - and thanks for the information!) But it is correct for accounts where you have not yet sent an email since joining BIS 2.0. Once you have sent an email to someone, that last address that you sent from becomes the default. That is why when you are composing an email with a blank To field, it says "Default". It doesn't yet know which account it will send from.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:15 AM   #71
thenotoriousrob

Ok thanks for the help. I disabled the wireless reconciliation in one account and it took care of all accounts. Now when I delete "from handlehld" or "from mailbox & handheld," I get my messages on Outlook Express upon opening.

Thanks!

(I still like the old way better)
Old 06-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #72
cooperpwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotoriousrob
Ok thanks for the help. I disabled the wireless reconciliation in one account and it took care of all accounts. Now when I delete "from handlehld" or "from mailbox & handheld," I get my messages on Outlook Express upon opening.

Thanks!

(I still like the old way better)
You shouldn't have to disable wireless reconciliation. The downside to doing that is that attachments will sit on your BIS account for a full 30 days (and emails even longer?). Mind you, with 500 MB available you probably don't care...
What you should do is go into Messages, Options, Email Reconciliation. Scroll to your account. Change the 'Delete On:' option to 'Handheld'. Leave 'Wireless Reconcile: On'. Click to Save.
Now deleting from your handheld will have no prompt (except Confirm Delete if you have that enabled in General Options). Deleting from your handheld will also delete on the RIM server but not from your POP3 account.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #73
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Default POP vs IMAP vs Yahoo email account integration

So... is this correct:

1. POP: Polls as 1.8 did?

2. Yahoo: mail is pushed, in effect, so it arrives as if it was forwarded?

3. IMAP: behaves like 1 or 2?

4. Can I set a 'reply to' address that isn't my Yahoo account when I integrate with a Yahoo account? If so, this this also set the 'From' address as 1.8 did, so receipient can't see my Yahoo address even if they save my email address as received from my BB?

5. If I have multiple Yahoo accounts, can any number be integrated (up to the 10 limit)?
Old 07-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #74
Berry One

1. Better: more types of servers supported, polls more often if account receives lot of emails or user is sending emails. When account is not very active POP behaves same as in 1.8.

2. Yes. Except for Cingular blackberries.

3. Like 1 for speed of email delivery, like 2 for email reconcilliation.

4. Can't answer that, don't know.

5. Never seen anyone saying it's not possible.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #75
cooperpwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly
Can I set a 'reply to' address that isn't my Yahoo account when I integrate with a Yahoo account? If so, this this also set the 'From' address as 1.8 did, so receipient can't see my Yahoo address even if they save my email address as received from my BB?
I just tried it. I can make my Yahoo account appear as From and Reply To any address that I want (while still fully ingrating in real-time with my Yahoo account). However, you cannot separate the From and Reply To functions. Whatever you choose to appear as your From address will also be your Reply to address.
But yes, you can completely hide your original Yahoo address.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #76
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry One
2. Yes. Except for Cingular blackberries.
Hoping that it is only a matter of time...
Old 07-02-2006, 05:13 AM   #77
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
I just tried it. I can make my Yahoo account appear as From and Reply To any address that I want (while still fully ingrating in real-time with my Yahoo account). However, you cannot separate the From and Reply To functions. Whatever you choose to appear as your From address will also be your Reply to address.
But yes, you can completely hide your original Yahoo address.
Thanks. Are you using Outlook? Can you confirm you don't see mail from your BB as sent 'on behalf of' your Yahoo account? That was an issue with trying to do this stuff with Google (nothing to do with Yahoo or BB, but I wanted to ask to make sure) .
Old 07-02-2006, 05:16 AM   #78
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
1. Better: more types of servers supported, polls more often if account receives lot of emails or user is sending emails. When account is not very active POP behaves same as in 1.8.
I'd heard the exact opposite, and that 1.8 had (or was supposed to have) a dynamic polling period as you describe. Anyway, good to know it works on 2.0.

Last edited by wibbly; 07-02-2006 at 05:35 AM..
Old 07-02-2006, 05:23 AM   #79
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
5. Never seen anyone saying it's not possible.
If this works, it's a way to get multiple email addresses, all working push.
  1. Set up mutiple Yahoo accounts as 'intermediary accounts', one for each of your "source" accounts (the email addresses you want to integrate with your BB)
  2. Forward mails to the appropriate Yahoo account from each of your "source" email accounts
  3. Set up the From/Reply to address for each Yahoo account to be the email address of the forwarding ("source") account as appropriate
Your BB then gets all mail instantly (no polling) and you can reply as if from the source email address, and nobody can tell a BB or Yahoo account was involved, right?

Last edited by wibbly; 07-02-2006 at 05:34 AM..
Old 07-02-2006, 07:56 AM   #80
Berry One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly
5. If I have multiple Yahoo accounts, can any number be integrated (up to the 10 limit)?
Tested today for two Yahoo accounts- works. If works for two must work for more.
Closed Thread