BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
rightaction

Model: 8100
Carrier: T Mobile
Default Can't find KEEP APPOINTMENTS option

Please Login to Remove!

Where is the Keep Appointments option hiding?

I've looked in the help which tells me it's in Calendar/Options... but not on my 8100.

Any ideas?

Also, BrickBreaker doesn't play with sound and I can't find how to correct this.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Its under Calendar > Options near the bottom.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
rightaction

I don't see it! The choices start with Initial View/Enable Quick Entry etc., and end with Show End Time In Agenda View/Show Tasks and finally No of Entries is at the bottom.

Am I missing something obvious?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #4
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Your looking in the right place. Try taking the battery out for 30 seconds.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-12-2007, 04:43 AM   #5
rightaction

No. Still not there! Wierd!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #6
Libby8100
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 23E2AE49
Carrier: T-Mobile

What does Keep Appointments do?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
rightaction

You can set how long the BB keeps appointments in the memory. Currently, when mine synchs, it takes appointments going back years, filling up the memory. I want to tell it to remove those older than 4 weeks.

Very annoying, this. I just can't find the option!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
rightaction

So, can anyone help me with this?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:37 AM   #9
riy

Carrier: Cingular

Its in the sync settings of the dektop manager. You can tell it hown many weeks both prior and advance to sync.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
rightaction

Oh, I see. Trouble is, I use Goldmine and CompanionLink to synch to the BB. Companionlink doesn't seem to have this option. I am on to their help now.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:05 AM   #11
rightaction

I now see that this option is in the BB Desktop Manager, not on the BB itself.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #12
scottso

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

I don't have that option to Keep Appointments either. It was there - I remember seeing it when I first got my 8800. I'm an Ex-Treo user too and keeping old entries was never a problem.

I also don't see it as an option in the BB Desktop program either.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #13
kenjancef
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottso View Post
I don't have that option to Keep Appointments either. It was there - I remember seeing it when I first got my 8800. I'm an Ex-Treo user too and keeping old entries was never a problem.

I also don't see it as an option in the BB Desktop program either.
I don't have it either... and I NEED to get to it. I even got a replacement 8800, and it's not on that one either!!!

Is it because it is connected to BES????

HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
bcool

PIN: N/A
Default Disappearing Calendar Entries

Help!!!!! I see that many others have recurring issue with disappearing calendar entries older than 60 days. Can't find answer anywhere. I want to keep older entries on handheld because whenever I sync with Lotus Organizer it always wants to delete off my desktop as well. There goes my historical records.

My new 8100 has no "keep appointments" option in the calendar to change off of 60 days to forever. Retail store was not help. They said it was probably memory, but I have no photos, etc. to gulp up memory. Have also modified memory settings. Seems like there should be an easy answer unless BB assumes that everyone wants calendar entries deleted after 60 days.

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #15
doppler

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

My dad has the same issue (no keep appointments option) on his 8100 (Cingular). I will have him check his Desktop Manager.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #16
lonnielove
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmobile
Default No sound on brick breaker?

I dont like the calender so i dont use it, and on the brick breaker sound issue it doesnt have sound.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #17
kenjancef
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Talking Possible solution for missing "Keep Appointments"...

First, here is the story:

(and forgive the length, but I need to start from the beginning...)

I have a user that has an 8800, and she uses Desktop Manager to sync a Public Calendar only, everything else is wireless. Ever since she got the 8800, it has been asking to delete items older than 60 days everytime she connects it to her system. After over 6 hours on the phone with Blackberry support, wiping the unit, reactivating the unit, and even reinstalling the Blackberry OS software on the unit (almost 1 hour there...), this mysterious "Keep Appointments" setting was nowhere to be found. We also have a BES that I had used a policy to turn off Wireless Calendar Sync.

So, again I was called to the client to try to figure this out. I again wiped the unit, and held off on the Enterprise Activation, because maybe the BES was to blame, even though the Blackberry techs said no... and it still wasn't there... I even created a blank IT Policy to see if Wireless Calendar sync was to blame... so as I was getting my butt enlarged by my client I thought of something... I finally saw that I had an option for Wireless Sync in the Calendar settings... and I decided to turn it on (being that we NEVER sync the calendars wireless, what did I have to lose...)... and to my amazement...

THE "KEEP APPOINTMENTS" SETTING APPEARED!!!!!!!

I checked the default setting, and yes, it was set to "60 days". I changed it to "Forever" and confirmed the change. Just to check if the setting stuck, I disabled Wireless sync on the unit, waited a minute, and the "Keep Appointments" was gone, which I figured... so I waited, then re-enabled Wireless sync, and the "Keep Appointments" was back... I checked it, and it was still set to "Forever", so it didn't change.

I then changed the date on the unit five days ahead, because that would usually trigger the Desktop Manager to delete the items... and I did it 8 times, wating 1 to 10 minutes between each, and it worked EVERY TIME!!!!!

Now, my client hasn't called me to tell me that it is not working again, but she might be away, and to be honest... I am AFRAID to call!!! I have been dealing with this for over 2 weeks, and even losing sleep over it because it was driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

So.... if possible, for all of you that are having problems, try enabling wireless calendar sync and see if it appears. I am hoping that this works for SOMEBODY since Blackberry tech couldn't figure it out, and I am still waiting for a call back from Blackberry tech support because they had to escalate my case up a few levels, and this was Monday... they said they would call back within 24 hours... yea, right!!!!

So please let me know if this helps anyone, I am SOOOOO curious if this is the magic fix to this issue....

Thanks all!!!!

Ken Jancef
Old 06-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #18
TIM_BARREL

Carrier: vodafone
Default does it work without enterprise activation?

Am experiencing the same problem. But the BB is not used with an enteprise server. does that mean no enteprise activation, no wireless sync and therefore no keep entries?
Must be a software bug, should be able to keep entried even without ES.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #19
135AV8TOR

Model: 8800
Default Argh! - Same issue on the 8800 and no BES

I have an 8800 and am having the exact same issue as described above by kenjancef. Great summary by kenjancef in solving the problem. Unfortunately, I am not on a BES so I also do not have the Wireless Sync option to turn on.

However I think I have solved my problem by setting the desktop sync options to sync appointments between 60 days old and 365 days into the future. I don't mind the appointments dissapearing from my handheld after 60 days but I don't want to lose the historical record in outlook. The desktop settings seem to achieve this goal.

Last edited by 135AV8TOR; 07-18-2007 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #20
johnbb1234

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Same problem with 8300. I have several posts as well but no solution and little apparent interest from BB in fixing the bug.
Closed Thread