mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
Maybe if you injected some Dawn Detergent into your veins you could dissolve the tasty but voluminous lard you'd consumed.
It would probably take just that. I allow myself the occasional transgression of a bacon sandwich. But I also run 15 to 20 miles a week and try to stay in good shape. So that's probably ok. We are after all, omnivores, and have teeth which are evolved to tear apart meat.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #62
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

As we come out of winter and into the more "friendly" spring, I will be trying to get back into an exercise routine of about 15 miles/week. The winter layoff -- running in the winter can be dangerous -- always brings a difficult reorientation to exercise. (And also 10 pounds to take off.)

But back to the point, for dinner I ripped apart a pork tenderloin seasoned with a Cajun seasoning. Yum! God bless the noble porker!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #63
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

Lol! The better half made Meat Loaf and mashed potatoes tonight. I ate my fair share.

I can't imagine trying to run in very cold weather. We have a tread mill in our house next to a flat screen. Weather becomes less of a factor with this set up.

That's what the subject of the OP needs. A tread mill. A better, healthier diet. And access to the internet to be able to research how to do it without even paying a trainer.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #64
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriff View Post
That's what the subject of the OP needs. A tread mill. A better, healthier diet. And access to the internet to be able to research how to do it without even paying a trainer.
I'm sure they already have access to this information, and are just choosing not to put it to use.

Those things take effort, after all...
Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #65
hytran

Model: 9000
PIN: ing for the fields...
Carrier: AT&T

New here, been a Moto hacker for years over on HoFo, but I've finally seen the light with my Bold

Back on topic...

Seeing that butty reminded me of the BBQ bacon/sausage roll that's been floating around the internet for a while. Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes

I'm a big guy, always have been and I doubt I'll ever be skinny, but I've never blamed anyone but myself.

That said, I've been a gainfully employed sysadmin for over 20 years and I recently began to regularly walk the two miles from the train station to my South Loop office every day, barring blizzards/monsoons. I managed to lose 50# and fit into some stuff that I haven't worn in 10 years. Good thing dress shirts don't generally go out of style!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 AM   #66
CoDudette

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
The bacon butty reminds me of this. I couldn't imagine eating either.

Bacon Cheese Roll Recipe - Info Barrel
i thought the butty was nasty, but that is absolutely ridiculous..

Although the Bacon explosion would give anyone an instant heart attack. i'm feeling queasy looking at the pictures
Old 03-25-2009, 06:07 AM   #67
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

thats the part that bugs me, inability to work.

i worked with fat people before, we got to places where large people work etc. they are capable of working.

the 4 in the picture need 5 jobs maybe then they can put the over 3k calories diet to use.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:59 AM   #68
CoDudette

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

People are capable of working, as long as they want to and make the effort. using their weight as an excuse is just another way of saying, 'how can i get money from the govt without having to lift a finger'. lazy sods.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #69
muskiemania
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: tmo

this is shocking. good thing they don't live in the United States or they'd really be in trouble - plenty of people here are in a similar situation and manage just fine to go to work make money and get by. Surely there is SOMETHING they can do - sit at a computer and answer telephones. Yes it may not be your first choice job, but if you aren't even willing to make an effort then you shouldnt be entitled to free money, much less a raise.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #70
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

don't kid yourself there are plenty of overweight people in the US that are on full disability. Its sad but people see it as free money and take advantage, its unavoidable.
The programs help out so many good people but there are always those that abuse the system.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #71
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Straight Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
don't kid yourself there are plenty of overweight people in the US that are on full disability. Its sad but people see it as free money and take advantage, its unavoidable.
The programs help out so many good people but there are always those that abuse the system.
+1 . It's truly unfortunate that it happens, but it does. To Dawg, I also apologize if I have said anything offensive. I haven't been the smallest person either and I hate running. Swimming has helped me move toward my weight loss goals. I really enjoy it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread