BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
rrkano

Model: 7510
Carrier: Nextel
Default Viewing Blackberry on PC Screen

Please Login to Remove!

I want to use my blackberry in a company presentation. I want to show it on a PC Screen, is there a way to do this? My other purpose is to do screen captures of the blackberry screens to put them in a hard copy of my presentation. So, is there a remote viewing software where I can plug my blackberry into the PC and view the blackberry screen on the PC?

Thanks

Ray
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

There are a number of FREE solutions for both of your requests. Both JL_Cmder and BBScreen linked in my signature can capture screen shots. You will need BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed for them to work. You can also use BBScreenShooter which is a bit more refined than my utilities. To display your screen in a presentation you can use BBScreenStream. Both BBScreenShooter and BBScreenShooter are available HERE.

Enjoy!

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I use the Idokkoro Blackberry Viewer, which is a $25 shareware application. You can look at the specs here: Idokorro BlackBerry Viewer by Idokorro Mobile Inc. - Handango BlackBerry 8800 Software

While it's obviously not a free alternative as suggested above (I'm all for free apps too), I decided on this viewer because... it just works.

Start up the application on your PC, plug in the BB via USB and it displays what's on your BB screen, showing cursor movements etc. in near real-time (it does lag slightly but is reasonable). It does also take screenshots, which you just save windows-style by navigating to where you want to save it and give it a filename. I believe a number of formats are supported, but I just use .jpg and haven't bothered trying any others.

If you want to view it fullscreen on your presentation laptop in all it's glory on a projector, you can do so. Alternatively, you can view it windowed, maximized windowed, or as mentioned, fullscreen.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
davidboydca
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

A much easier approach would be to install a Blackberry emulator on your laptop, then run your application on that.

I've done this many times for demos and it works very well.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

Download the "BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simulator Package", and "Blackberry Device Simulators 4.2.2". Install both, then run the the MDS Services first, then run the device simulator you're interested in demoing with.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
mobilevisuals

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

I am also using the "BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simulator Package" and "Blackberry Device Simulators 4.2.2". I have installed them, but I am not sure if I have to do more configuration to allow internet connection from my signed midlet.

I get "jvm error 104" when I try to connect. Is this only caused by errors in the midlet or could it be that I need to configure the "MDS Services Simulator" more to work with "Blackberry Device Simulators 4.2.2"?
Closed Thread