Old 02-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
blueenigma
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: t mobile
Thumbs down Beware Roblock!

Please Login to Remove!

Blackberry 8800
Although Roblock seems like a good program in theory, it does not work (at least in my case). I purchased this software three days ago and repeatedly I receive the message: unable to connect to internet, when I attempt to input the Registration Code. My phone's APN is correct, full bars, EDGE on, and I can access the internet via my phone's browser.

The company (DexMobile) responded once and informed that in cases like this they are able to activate accounts manually, via email, but never did!!

I sent email after email and never received a follow up response. Because this is an electronic download, Paypal does NOT cover it.

Looks like I am out of 10 bucks.

Seems like the perfect scam. No way to recoup your money, and no way to make Dexmobile cough up a refund.

Last edited by blueenigma; 02-18-2009 at 02:49 PM..
Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

1. this is the new member area. You've been a member for almost three years.

2. Roblock is a great application. I have had been using it for over a year with no issues. Dexmobile is quite reputable in their dealings and has a good history as a BlackBerry application developer/seller.

So you bought it three days ago, and they responded promptly that they would assist you; that hasn't worked out and you have since "sent email after email"... in what, the last 24 hours? Chill out man and give them a chance to help you. If I got "email after email" from a seller within 24 hours I would offer them double their money back to go away.

3. If I were you I could uninstall the application and attempt a new install,fresh. And let all user permissions set as default, don't change any, during the install.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
blueenigma
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: t mobile
Cool

Firstly Sanders, let me make a few things clear. The fact that I signed up three years ago does not speak to my degree of membership. I still consider myself a *new* member in the sense that I have participated in the forums only minimally, and have a dearth of posts. Also, since my post has universal appropriateness, I can post it in any of the forums; I am quite sure that both old and new members can benefit from information regarding software.

Second, if I were a betting person, I would wager that you have a stake in the company. Your reply sounds personal, and you sound wounded. Why my individual experience would elicit such an irate response is curious. Your experience is separate and apart from mine, and I have a right to relay what happened to me. Your apparent attempt to minimize my own very real experience is childish.

Third, you are very presumptuous. You wrote that they responded promptly. I never wrote that. This further deepens my suspicion that you have ties to the company. In fact, they responded over 24 hours later. That is not prompt. Also, I purchased the download three days ago. If you think that three days is too short a time to expect a resolution, you are naive. This is all instant electronic communication. No one has to visit my home, or set up an appointment to meet me. Three days is more than enough time to manually set up my program via email.

Stop being a cheerleader for DexMobile, and try to write more objectively.
I lost out on $10, and have no resolution. They have failed to respond to emails. These are facts. Your spin is irrelevant to me. If you have issue with the facts, call your buddies at DexMobile and tell them to clean up their act.

Last edited by blueenigma; 02-18-2009 at 03:50 PM..
Old 02-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm closing this thread, as it seems to have lost any sembalance of objectivity. As you are "new" member, I'll advise you that personal attacks on other posters (Mods or otherwise) are not viewed in a good light here.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueenigma View Post
Firstly Sanders, let me make a few things clear. The fact that I signed up three years ago does not speak to my degree of membership. I still consider myself a *new* member in the sense that I have participated in the forums only minimally,
Welcome, then.

Quote:
Second, if I were a betting person, I would wager that you have a stake in the company. Your reply sounds personal, and you sound wounded. Why my individual experience would elicit such an irate response is curious. Your experience is separate and apart from mine, and I have a right to relay what happened to me. Your apparent attempt to minimize my own very real experience is childish.
...you'd lose the bet. You posted your personal experience, I posted mine. Because I am loyal to that product and have had no problems with it, I simply wanted both sides of the coin to be seen. I don't see where I was irate about anything. You don't have a right to relay anything, at all. You do have the privilege of doing so here.

This is a community forum, and by its very nature any post is very very likely to gather responses, opinions either adverse or in agreement, just as yours did. By this nature of the beast, anything you post is up for grabs for response. And, it is a privately owned business. You have no right to anything here. You pretty much agreed to that upon signing up with the terms of use originally.

Quote:
Third, you are very presumptuous. You wrote that they responded promptly. I never wrote that. This further deepens my suspicion that you have ties to the company. In fact, they responded over 24 hours later. That is not prompt. Also, I purchased the download three days ago. If you think that three days is too short a time to expect a resolution, you are naive. This is all instant electronic communication. No one has to visit my home, or set up an appointment to meet me. Three days is more than enough time to manually set up my program via email.
Yep, I did make that assumption, given the timing that they responded at first, it might have been timely, and considering you deluged them with emails since that point. I just did the math in my head. So, they responded after 24 hours (slow, in your opinion?) and you sent email upon email since then. I'm straight now. My bad assumption.

But quite honestly, a response as such within 48 hours is very normal for any software developer of this sort. That I do know.

Quote:
Stop being a cheerleader for DexMobile, and try to write more objectively.
I lost out on $10, and have no resolution. They have failed to respond to emails. These are facts. Your spin is irrelevant to me. If you have issue with the facts, call your buddies at DexMobile and tell them to clean up their act.
You don't have to be objective, why do you require it of me? I don't work for them nor have any interest in their business, and other than personal experience with Roblock, no dealings with them.

I offered you some experienced advise that might resolve your (software) issue. If you refuse it, I can't help you further.

**moved to Rants and Raves section**

Last edited by JSanders; 02-18-2009 at 04:50 PM..
Closed Thread