Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #21
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Why waste time talking in this thread. He does not know how they work nor how to apply them.

And they only cost $7 each.

Let him be.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #22
dabull
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100

...... and once again i feel like a jackass. these arent the same as the screenguards i had after all. upon first look, they seem exactly the same. i didnt notice a difference until i actually applied the bse skin- they have adheasive on them. the screenguards were just a static hold, they apply the same way but they do not have glue on the bottom. you guys are right, completely different look now. these are nothing like what i was using before, they do appear invisible. im surprised i havent been kicked from this place with all my ranting
Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #23
dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
Why waste time talking in this thread. He does not know how they work nor how to apply them.

And they only cost $7 each.

Let him be.
i dont know, why did you 'waste time' in this thread if you do not care to contribute?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #24
aaronkt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

Well we are entitled to our opinions. I wouldn't let one users dislike for this product discourage anyone else from getting them. I went with the BSE within the first week i got my pearl. Mine is not on perfectly however this was due to me not taking my time. the ends of the skin on the top of the phone and the bottom of the phone are coming off becuase i didnt take my time and lint is getting under the skin. I won one of the rubberized cases from Chinesecatt (thanks again) and put it on. Now my phone is fully protected in the tmobile large leather SDA case. I just might buy another BSE just to make everything perfect. I do have a scratch on the BSE part of the screen. I was drunk showing my friend how tough the skin was. It did scratch with my lighter LOL.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #25
dabull

if you tried the screenguards you would understand my frustration. they are simply horrible. i can see why the bse skins are considered good now, they do stick and hold very well. actually, they almost seem like they are permanently attached. also, these can be removed and reused, it works. the screenguards you cant even think of that, thats why they give you 15 in a pack.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #26
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkt
Well we are entitled to our opinions. I wouldn't let one users dislike for this product discourage anyone else from getting them. I went with the BSE within the first week i got my pearl. Mine is not on perfectly however this was due to me not taking my time. the ends of the skin on the top of the phone and the bottom of the phone are coming off becuase i didnt take my time and lint is getting under the skin. I won one of the rubberized cases from Chinesecatt (thanks again) and put it on. Now my phone is fully protected in the tmobile large leather SDA case. I just might buy another BSE just to make everything perfect. I do have a scratch on the BSE part of the screen. I was drunk showing my friend how tough the skin was. It did scratch with my lighter LOL.
Tip: What I did was buy three sets of the BSE skins so to get free shipping. So for $21 I had one set to apply and two spares. All for less than one set of the ShieldZone skin.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #27
aaronkt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

thanks SanFran! Ordering now...
Old 01-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #28
djgee

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
i know how to apply. you are all saying the same thing, the corners DO come loose and you all admit that could be where it peels from. it does, thats what im talking about. i dont work in an office guys, i beat the hell out of my phone. these stickers are junk for my use, there isnt much else to it. for light use im sure their fine, same goes for the rubberized case. leather cases have always been the only type of case that truely protects a phone. good ol leather, just like my coat that 5+ years old and still looks the same.
You've had about 15 of these things and you applied them all on the same way, without a soapy water solution?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #29
dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgee
You've had about 15 of these things and you applied them all on the same way, without a soapy water solution?
no
Old 01-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #30
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgee
I think he corrected himself because he was not talking about the BSE skin, he was talking about those screen protectors that stick to the display area.

So all the bad mouthing about the BSE skin was an error on his part.

At least I think that is what happened.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #31
dabull

yeah... i feel dumb because i didnt actually try the bse skin first. out of the envolope, they look and feel identical to the screenguards i had just spent all my time with- the only difference is the bse skins have an actual adheasive on them, the screenguards dont. also, you dont use water with the screenguards... i think the water just keeps bubbles from forming under the plastic.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #32
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

The soap and water also allow you to slide them into perfect position before they get too sticky.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #33
Markymark
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phungy
It did seem like a hassle at first but the Pearl application is nothing compared to applying it on a Macbook. Vulgar words were flying out of my mouth like fireworks.

I think even if you take your time, you should NOT spend more than 25-30 mins applying the whole skin. I did however follow the instructions except for the '24-48 hour' part. The water dried up fairly quick. If it doesn't then that means you didn't do a good job getting the excess water out (use a credit card).
Cool thanks for the upbeat info man. I cant wait to put it on this weekend.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #34
Willie115

Carrier: mEowmIx

Well at least you corrected yourself, yeah static screen guard isn't as adhesive as this. It took me a while to "perfect" my BSE skin and it worked great, no peeling at all, and it will help with the scratches, maybe no scratches on the silver chrome side but it is great to protect the places they do protect. When you think of rubberized cases like the Seidio one, it is hard to come off and even if it does, the case takes most of the impact before your phone falls out (if it even does). Enjoy your BSE skin, it lives up to it's name... except when you order it and it isn't mailed correctly.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:42 AM   #35
dabull

i could imagine... all bent-up...

honestly though, i still thought this was a full-body slip on skin. its only protects the screen, thats about it. the battery cover doesnt scratch easily, and its a $10 piece anyway. i guess the texture is nice... it should have been a slip-on skin. maybe they didnt want people pushing that much water around the phone.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:51 AM   #36
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Carrier: AT&T

-edit- Removed my own comments. I did not read the entire post before responding. There is no need for me to beat a dead horse.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by d_fisher; 01-09-2007 at 08:55 AM..
Old 01-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #37
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

To anyone reading this thread, be sure to check out post #22 above. dabull did realize that the BSE (and SHieldzone) are *not* like typical screen guards. They stick essentially permanently, won't peel, and are basically invisible. I've had one on for about a month, slipping in and out of my pocket, and the BSE does act like an invisible shield. I kno wif I peeled it off, my Pearl woul dlook exactly like new. (It was new when I put it on!)
Old 01-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #38
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze
To anyone reading this thread, be sure to check out post #22 above. dabull did realize that the BSE (and SHieldzone) are *not* like typical screen guards. They stick essentially permanently, won't peel, and are basically invisible. I've had one on for about a month, slipping in and out of my pocket, and the BSE does act like an invisible shield. I kno wif I peeled it off, my Pearl woul dlook exactly like new. (It was new when I put it on!)
Exactly! I had to take off the skin to reapply it again, what I saw was a very sexy and flawless Pearl
Old 01-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #39
Anthem
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

I actually switched from the invisible shield to the BSE (price) and I have to say I'm not that happy with their product. I installed the full body shield and I did not touch the phone for about 12 hours and after 5 days of use (corporate user very protective of my devices) some of the edges started to peel up. Top end of the screen as well as the edge by the speaker on the battery cover.

I have used the invisible shield on my iPod Nano, 8700C and my Pearl and I never had this problem but, after I had to exchange my pearl for technical reasons I thought I would try the BSE.

I will be going back to the invisible shield When I receive my replacement in the mail.

I do not work for ShieldZone and I am not a noob. The BSE was installed perfectly with very little water a touch of dish liquid and there is no dust and it was aligned perfectly.

I am just posting MY experience. I'm not saying BSE is a bad product it just didn't work for me.

Last edited by Anthem; 01-13-2007 at 02:55 PM..
Old 01-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #40
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Thought it was the exact same product as invisible shield. Maybe you used too little water!
Closed Thread