Old 05-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
tinydawg37
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default Question about Dimension Zen theme

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, so I am new here. I love using the dimension zen theme that came pre loaded on my curve 8310. I downloaded some wallpapers for it and has been working fine. Well, here is my problem. When i bought this BB it had OS 4.2 loaded on it. I updated to 4.5 the other day and some quirky things are happening. First the zen theme i use well the banner from my homepage is showing up on my call log screen. the top part of it. it wasn't doing that on OS 4.2. It is really annoying. Anyone have any ideas? Please let me know.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
tinydawg37

Default No feedback yet?

OK, well I'm gonna try something here since no one has a solution to my little problem here. I am going to downgrade my OS back to 4.2 and see what happens. I am very curious to see if i have the same problem. But i know this particular theme was NOT doing what i described before i upgraded to 4.5. I will let you all know what happens after I try this out...

TO BE CONTINUED.....
Old 05-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK

I would imagine this to be a change in the OS' call log app and not the theme. Downgrading should fix this, it depends on your personal preference and whether you think it is worth a downgrade. OS 4.5 does have a lot of improved features although.
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
tinydawg37

well that didn;t work either. It's so strange, but I just don;t recall my BB looking this way before. Anyone else wishing to chime in? I could really use some input here.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Are you sure that it was the standard dimension zen? If not you could consider tailoring it to your needs. It is the default theme that is started with when you make a new theme in ThemeBuilder. You can find out how to do this in the Media Center forum.
9800 / 6.0.0.337
Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
tinydawg37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytner View Post
Are you sure that it was the standard dimension zen? If not you could consider tailoring it to your needs. It is the default theme that is started with when you make a new theme in ThemeBuilder. You can find out how to do this in the Media Center forum.
Yeah, that was my next thing on my list. I am gonna try that and see how it comes out. Never used the Plazmic software, but Im gonna give it a try. Thanks so much for replying...i will post back soon if this works.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
tinydawg37

Plazmic is a little difficult to use. Don't really know what i am doing. It's kind of self explanatory, but I am just frustrated. What I really want to do is not see the top part of my active home screen wall paper at the bottom of the call screen....this is frustrating...any ideas?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

I don't think this is possible then. Do you know or have the exact build number of the OS that you were using? E.g 4.2.2.xxx

If you knew it then you would be able to downgrade to the exact firmware that you were running before, the build number changing usually indicates a change/fix.

An idea would be to find the version 4.2.2 with the smallest build number you can find. Install that and see what happens.
9800 / 6.0.0.337
Closed Thread