BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
brattyalligator

Model: n/a
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Angry Help! Bought 8330 from BBF user - EMAILS NOT RESPONDED TO!

Please Login to Remove!

HELP ME!

I just discovered the world of blackberry and found the Want to Buy, Sell, Trade section and found someone selling a new Blackberry 8330 for Verizon.

Contacted him through the email listed and we set everything up (paid on a cc through paypal) and the phone was supposedly shipped on May 30th. I asked for shipping information and have recieved nothing in response. I have sent many, MANY emails since then demanding some sort of information (realizing that I have very little) and have heard nothing back.

I'm not sure what to do next! It's been almost two weeks since it was supposedly shipped (from London) but now I'm pretty certain this was a scam. Has anyone encountered similar problems?? What do I do next? File a dispute/claim with Paypal?

UGH I'm frustrated and unsure how to handle this since everything seemed to go smoothly . . .
Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

PM sent.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
culture
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Robbers

give it 2 or 3 weeks from the date you paid, and if youve heard nothing from the seller, definitely open a dispute with paypal.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Shipped from London? An 8330?
Something sounds fishy. The 8330 is a CDMA device and is not used by carriers in Europe.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
olly666
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattyalligator View Post
HELP ME!

I just discovered the world of blackberry and found the Want to Buy, Sell, Trade section and found someone selling a new Blackberry 8330 for Verizon.

Contacted him through the email listed and we set everything up (paid on a cc through paypal) and the phone was supposedly shipped on May 30th. I asked for shipping information and have recieved nothing in response. I have sent many, MANY emails since then demanding some sort of information (realizing that I have very little) and have heard nothing back.

I'm not sure what to do next! It's been almost two weeks since it was supposedly shipped (from London) but now I'm pretty certain this was a scam. Has anyone encountered similar problems?? What do I do next? File a dispute/claim with Paypal?

UGH I'm frustrated and unsure how to handle this since everything seemed to go smoothly . . .
Sorry to hear about your situation brattyalligator. It really frustrates me whenever I hear stories like yours.

You say you made the purchase from a fellow bbforum member? What was his or her post count? Could you tell us their username?

Perhaps the moderators should re-consider the bbforum policies on selling. Not that it would be easy to enforce anything, but a strong recommendation to do all sales through ebay would be a good start IMO (there might be fees attached, but it does offer slightly more protection should things go wrong).

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
Mr. Opportunist
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly666 View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation brattyalligator. It really frustrates me whenever I hear stories like yours.

You say you made the purchase from a fellow bbforum member? What was his or her post count? Could you tell us their username?

Perhaps the moderators should re-consider the bbforum policies on selling. Not that it would be easy to enforce anything, but a strong recommendation to do all sales through ebay would be a good start IMO (there might be fees attached, but it does offer slightly more protection should things go wrong).

Good luck and keep us posted.
See the following thread; http://www.blackberryforums.com/memb...responded.html .