JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouIdiot4444 View Post
Hey I AM an idiot!! The guy knows what he's asking, because on the new blackberry storm 2 to set up your wi-fi you have to enter your PIN number into your wireless router if it is a secured network. He's just asking where and how do you enter it.
Actually, that is incorrect. You can do it that way, but it is not required.
And it is not the BlackBerry device PIN, it is separate PIN provided for the WiFi security.

Instead, I used the Shared Key security, and created my own, and it is not entered into the router, but entered in the BlackBerry when requested on setup.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #22
luluyoung

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Unhappy I want to connect to my WiFi!

Ok so my berry Curve asks me to enter a pin to my Belkin Router. Obviously you can't enter the key the berry generates into the unit because it does not have anything but lights and plugs. Does anyone know how I get around this situation?

This is what it says after I connect to my WPA2 Personal Network (my home network)

"Provisioning WiFi Profiles...Enter this PIN into your wireless router: 16146167
Time Remaining: etc etc"

Where or how are we to input that. HELP ME!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #23
bklynavi8er

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

well i've tried this several times and my wireless configuration works with the pin from the BB but the phone doesn't seem to want to connect. after the screen where the pin is given i would hit the "next" button and get to a page that shows only "save profile." i can click that button an infinite amount of times but nothing happens, the BB doesn't save the profile and i have to start over.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #24
konspiracy

Model: 8520
Carrier: Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluyoung View Post
Ok so my berry Curve asks me to enter a pin to my Belkin Router. Obviously you can't enter the key the berry generates into the unit because it does not have anything but lights and plugs. Does anyone know how I get around this situation?

This is what it says after I connect to my WPA2 Personal Network (my home network)

"Provisioning WiFi Profiles...Enter this PIN into your wireless router: 16146167
Time Remaining: etc etc"

Where or how are we to input that. HELP ME!!!
Embarrasing first post but I have exactly the same query with the same phone????? Router has flashing blue lights & nowhere to enter a PIN number - presume its entered on my laptop connection somewhere but silly old me - no idea where to enter this *&^$%#! PIN number - any help anyone?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #25
aziemah

Carrier: 02

Man, can't believe I registered to the BlackBerry forum just so I'd answer this question (Not a fan of forum posting, just forum stalking).

Anyway, what you're supposed to do is enter the router's home address (In the case of my Linksys or Netgear.. can't be bothered to check, it's 192.168.0.1)

After that, you select "Add WPS Client" from the menu (or whatever equivalent to it), and it will prompt for you to enter the PIN. And here's the obvious part; enter the PIN generated by your Blackberry.

It's done.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #26
Grnfinger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

wow what a read...

I run static IP's for all my rigs and phones, much easier and less hassles untill you upgrade to version 5.0 OS, but thats another thread :D
I do agree tho pics and proper terminology would be a huge help for the ones trying to help
Old 02-14-2010, 12:35 AM   #27
nonini

Carrier: idk
Default so it happened to me with bb 8900

(sorry i dont remembr the name, but i just register to this site to only comment to this forum and im too lazy to check the post i want to talk about.)
yea, the cake mix person is right. Dont press next, press back, and then you will get the option to write a "PRE-SHARED KEY", this is your internet password (for those using WPA2). Write the internet password number, if you dont know it then ask the person in your house who made the password... And for the person who wrote that their router has blue lights and nowhere to write the password, well, this is the way to go, forget about that PIN that your bb is giving you, just press BACK!.. it work for me, thanks cake mix person!..... Now my question is, now that i could connect to my home wifi connection (WPA2), can I use internet in my phone without a plan?..i mean i use prepaid cards in my phone... is this a problem?

Last edited by nonini; 02-14-2010 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: new question
Old 03-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #28
stork

Model: 9700
Carrier: At&T
Default Netgear N-150

I have a NETGEAR N-150 wireless router. Go to add WPS client. Hit NEXT then pin number. Enter Client's PIN: This should allow your BB to add the client to your WPS enabled Wireless Router. Hope this helps.....
Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #29
girley01

Carrier: T-Mobile

Nonini...Thank you so much! i read and read all these comments and you and cakemix guy were dead on! Appreciate it. The PIN thing was killing me!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #30
mybioe

Carrier: o2
Default Router settings??

Quote:
Originally Posted by congenialdiva View Post
I had to figure it out too. Like someone previously mentioned: Go to your router settings, click the wireless tab, then click Wi-Fi Protected Settings. Then enter the PIN that your Blackberry provided you.
Guys, I am also trying to connect my blackberry to my home wi-fi. Your threads have been most helpful, but I now face a problem that must give me away as a total newcomer to IT... How do I get to my router settings please??
Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #31
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybioe View Post
Guys, I am also trying to connect my blackberry to my home wi-fi. Your threads have been most helpful, but I now face a problem that must give me away as a total newcomer to IT... How do I get to my router settings please??
Router settings, are in your router. You most commonly access those from your PC by going to the IP for the router. Your router manufacturer will have specific instructions.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 AM   #32
annebla

Carrier: t-mobile
Default so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner View Post
This is he right answer for me.
Thanks to everyone that attempted to help me though.
..This is the right answer for me too coz i tried it and it works..now i have internet connection to my phone..but only when ur at home ofcourse ur only connected at ur home wireless net.. so happy it works.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #33
Cravenfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T
Default Pin is a random number generated by your BB

I had to setup my Linksys router tonight, and I was about to pull a nutty, when I went to the http://192.168.1.1/Wireless_Basic.asp page, then went to "wireless", then to clicked "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" then went to "2. If your client device has a Wi-Fi Protected Setup PIN number, enter that number here" (which I did) then hit, "Register" and it did it's thing for a couple minutes, then connected.

I checked the BB, my router network is in there, the "Wi-FI" icon is now white and ready to rock.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #34
Sachatweets

See I don't consider myself an idiot but I can't get to any "router setup page". I don't understand why this is so difficult and to be honest I'm not even sure why I need to do it other than the fact that I don't get great signal inside my house and I'm hoping this will help. If it won't someone please tell me so I don't continue to pull my hair out trying to understand.

If it will, can someone please explain the actual steps to entering the number. I obviously know how to GET a number because that's the screen that tells me to enter it into my router...but entering it is the step that is greek to me.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #35
smurfy

Carrier: orange

right guys i gave up reading the rest of the post as most people are not very helpful at all so i thought i would help all you out there having trouble setting up your BB fone's to your routers... ok so when you go to the page on your fone where you scan for networks DO NOT bother scanning go to the manual setup instead and then just folow the instrctions of entering your preshared wep key etc as this is the easiest way than trying to find where you enter this BB pin that your fone created for you!
Hope this helps you out

Last edited by smurfy; 07-03-2010 at 02:59 AM..
Old 08-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #36
idamrubio

THANKS! Worked perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovescakemix View Post
guys you are looking to deep into this
his router has wifi protected setup
he will need to enter the pin into the router setup page

i only have a linksys router, so go to the router page normally 192.168.1.1
and go to the wireless tab, there you can enter the pin and register your phone.

if you click back instead of next when you scan for wireless routers, it allows you to enter the security key instead. or you could even use the push button setup which enters the pin to the router automatically just by pushing the wifi proctected setup botton on the front of the router.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #37
ikarusy

Carrier: msn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybioe View Post
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #38
micutu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 25894c18
Carrier: Orange

when that "enter pin" shows up when trying to connect to your wireless, simply click cancel and it will skip to "enter password". Click connect and you're there. Cheers!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #39
CareyV

Carrier: Fido
Default How to add Blackberry generated pin into wireless router

I have a d-link router and for that you:

1) Login to the D-link site 192.168.0.1
2) Click on the set up tab
3) Click on add wireless device with WPS
4) Choose Auto
5) Enter your PIN that your BB generated and...

You are done!

If you have a different brand of router or you still can't figure it out, you can always phone or email customer support for your router brand and they will walk you through it (d-link does anyway).
Closed Thread