Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
Rover1

Model: pEARL
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Pearl leather holster

Please Login to Remove!

I just got my first BB (Pearl) and my questions is does anyone use the provided holster? If so is there any advantage to it?
Thanks...
Old 12-17-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
rouen1969
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: 312D2644
Carrier: Verizon
Default Provided??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover1 View Post
I just got my first BB (Pearl) and my questions is does anyone use the provided holster? If so is there any advantage to it?
Thanks...
Um ...provided leather holster? I wasn't provided w/ a leather holdster; I did buy one at $29.99 and I use it when needed.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
PIN: S AND NEEDLES
Carrier: VZW

If you are talking about the pouch thing that they give you with the Pearl, yes, then, I am using it. Only til Seidio comes out with their hard shell case and holster.

It works ok, but is hard the bb is hard to pull out. I do like that I can throw it in a pocket. Would seem to be good if you kept it in a purse/briefcase.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
JOVE
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

i do... it changes the profiles like an oridinary holster and it does keep it safe from bumps and bruises. However like the previous poster, it's hard to pull out. I'm more likely to get the leather swivel holster.

enjoy!
(818) 917-7782
www.TheMMTeam.com
Old 12-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
rouen1969
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: 312D2644

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOVE View Post
i do... it changes the profiles like an oridinary holster and it does keep it safe from bumps and bruises. However like the previous poster, it's hard to pull out. I'm more likely to get the leather swivel holster.

enjoy!
The Swivel is what I have and it was worth every penny ...I don't use it all of the time, but it's great when I do need it.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
FastZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 317C9B94

I personally wouldnt just throw my Pearl in my pocket without it being in the leather case it came with. That's a real good way to scratch the screen and the rest of the phone and I'm not about to scratch something that cost me so much. I like the leather pouch that came with my phone. Slides in and out of it easy and doesnt fall out on its own if its held upside down. I like it.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
todd809

Model: 9530

I use it sometimes. Like stated before it is hard to get out of but does protect it while it is in my pocket. I also like how it puts it to sleep when in it unlike regular cases. I'm trying the rubber wrap thing from Verizon which is nice if I accidently drop it, but it does have more friction when I take it out of my pocket. Another draw back is that I have to push the mute button each time to put it asleep before putting it in my pocket (which with Verizon's software is a two step process). Cant wait for the leather swivel holster that bb said would be out December 14, then changed to mid January.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I went through two swivel holsters for my 8100, and both broke on the clip. My advice if you use this holster is to take it off before getting into the car.

I now use the leather pouch, which is handy as it puts the Pearl in sleep mode. If I'm wearing a suit jacket I don't tend to use it though (however, I do have a BSE in place so it's not unprotected). I didn't get the pouch with my Pearl (on T-Mo UK) but a friend who is on Orange did, so I guess it depends on the carrier as to whether or not you get it included.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:48 AM   #9
JonPerezinsd

Carrier: AT&T

when i bought my at&t pearl i didnt get a case with it..just the phone..but the Blackberry leather case one is great..i love how it has sensors that knows the phone is in holster and vibrates...its awesome
Old 12-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
Rover1

Model: pEARL
Carrier: ATT

Thanks for all the input
Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #11
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd809 View Post
I use it sometimes. Like stated before it is hard to get out of but does protect it while it is in my pocket. I also like how it puts it to sleep when in it unlike regular cases. I'm trying the rubber wrap thing from Verizon which is nice if I accidently drop it, but it does have more friction when I take it out of my pocket. Another draw back is that I have to push the mute button each time to put it asleep before putting it in my pocket (which with Verizon's software is a two step process). Cant wait for the leather swivel holster that bb said would be out December 14, then changed to mid January.
I use the leather belt clip for the 8100 on my 8130 same size BB, and it works great.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #12
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd809 View Post
You can upgrade to the Sprint O.S. and it makes standby a one step process.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #13
hondaguy900
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint (really miss Verizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastZ View Post
I personally wouldnt just throw my Pearl in my pocket without it being in the leather case it came with. That's a real good way to scratch the screen and the rest of the phone and I'm not about to scratch something that cost me so much. I like the leather pouch that came with my phone. Slides in and out of it easy and doesnt fall out on its own if its held upside down. I like it.
I have found the pouch to be difficult to pull the Blackberry out. Plus it didn't protect the camera lens. I now keep my Blackberry in a pocket by itself, so it has nothing around to scratch it. In general, it stays pretty scratchless. The screen gets marked up a little, but that more from being pressed up against my ear.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #14
FastZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 317C9B94

Here is the pouch that came with my Pearl from Sprint. I admit, it was a bit tight when it was new but over time, it's gotten more loose and holds the Pearl in there nicely, yet lets it come out smoothly when you need to remove it.

Sorry the pictures are kind of crappy. Took them with a co-workers crap phone from Alltel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	10061   Click image for larger version

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	10062  
Old 12-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #15
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy900 View Post
I have found the pouch to be difficult to pull the Blackberry out. Plus it didn't protect the camera lens. I now keep my Blackberry in a pocket by itself, so it has nothing around to scratch it. In general, it stays pretty scratchless. The screen gets marked up a little, but that more from being pressed up against my ear.
A great combination for keeping the small size and convenience of being able to pocket the Pearl, is combining the Pearl silicone case (available in Black, "Clear," and Pink, I believe), with a BestSkinsEver screen protector.

The Pearl stays small and easy to pocket, and is protected front, back, and sides from any items in your pocket (or on the ground should you drop it).

I've been using that combo since the day I got mine, and love it. Silicone skin was $9 w/b2b discount ($12 normally) and screen protector was about $5.

Can't be beat for cost, effectiveness, and avoiding bulking up the Pearl.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #16
ViroBono

Carrier: O2

I bought a leather pocket when I had my 8100. It now has a nicely-polished patina and the BB slips in and out easily, so I use it with my new 8120.

However, I'm tempted to get one of these BlackBerry Accessories UK Store - Product Detail or the dark brown leather version, in January.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:58 PM   #17
almac305

Im guessing the CDMA versions come with pouches since my AT&T pearl didnt. I bought a T-mobile branded leather holster which works great. It has a hardened front and back, and can put the phone to sleep. But, it is poorly made. I've had it for about 5 months and the treads on the side (its not all leather the side is some sort of thick nylon) is unraveling. I'm looking into a new all leather holster or sleeve. Im personally saying away from the plastic holster because I dont want it to break if I step on it or snag it against something.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #18
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy900 View Post
I put the BB in upside down and it protects the Lens and the Screen. And it's eaiser to pull out.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 AM   #19
Hoppyjr

Model: 9700

I started out using the swivel-clip BB OEM holster, but then I found the silicone protector skin and used it, but it didn't fit in the BB OEM holster (too tight). I picked up a Curve OEM holster and it is a bit big, but fits the Pearl with the silicone skin with room to spare and it's still pretty small.

Then I found the new charging stand for the Pearl - which allows drop-in charging without having to plug in to the USB port (uses the brass colored connectors on the lower rear of the Pearl). Since I can't use the drop-in charger stand with the silicone skin on, I decided to try the leather pouch that you asked about. I find it nice and protective, still pretty small and easy to pocket, and I like that it changes the profile settings. I realize that we can do the one-touch stand-by (using Telus OS) but this does not change the ringer profile, like is done with a OEM holster or the leather slip case. I also find that the leather slip case goes in and out of my jeans pockets easier than the silicone (which kind of catches).

Hoppy
Old 12-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #20
blacknoi

Model: 8700c

My ATT branded Pearl came with NO CASES. I did pick up the OEM leather case pictured in one of the earlier posts (but the backside cutout of my leather case is not in the center.. .weird).

I love it. It lets me put the blackberry in my pocket in sleep mode (holstermode) and protects it too.

I wonder whats next not to be included with these blackberries? I bet the AC adapter will be next to go (ipod anyone?)..

I remember when my 957 CAME WITH A LEATHER CASE with belt clip out of the box. That was a sweet case.
Closed Thread