BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Tacswa3
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Whats the best way to get music on the BB Curve?

Please Login to Remove!

I searched but the info I read is confusing to me. I'm not the most computer savy person when it comes to terminology

I simply want to put music on my Curve. I have purchased itunes music already on my laptop. I've read to burn them to a CD when most already are and re-rip to MP3 format. Problem is, I don't know how to re-rip to MP3 format? Can someone explain how to do it, or another simple way.

I'm gonna need need step by step instructions, sorry. For example after they are re-ripped will the BB recognize what I'm trying to do once I connect the USB port? Kinda like a set up wizard popping up? Sorry for the noob questions.

I really appreciate any help.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
The copy cat

Model: 8100
Carrier: t moble

im just takeing a crack at this but does it take a card cause thats the easyest way for me
Old 05-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Tacswa3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The copy cat View Post
im just takeing a crack at this but does it take a card cause thats the easyest way for me
a memory card? If so, I just purchased a 4 gig card
Old 05-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
The copy cat

yes that i stick it in a slot in my computer go to open than music and drag and drop but if you cant do that use blue tooth
Old 05-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
JD914
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

I rip CD's directly to my Curve with Windows Media Player.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
Tacswa3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
I rip CD's directly to my Curve with Windows Media Player.
Can you explain the steps?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
The copy cat

i have the same thing with my vista you insert the cd the media player comes up you slct rip and all the songs are imported
Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
Tacswa3

Well, I got some songs on it. I ripped the songs to media player and imported them to the BB. Only the track names didn't show up :(
Old 05-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #9
whiteboywillbite

Model: 8310

i have all my cds ripped onto my computer useing WMP. So i open up my desktop manager, to media manager, drap and drop cd folders. That i think is the most simple way. When the cds are ripped with WMP all the track names and artists are all there. Makes it very easy. Also have a 2gb chip in it which i could not live without.

Last edited by whiteboywillbite; 05-19-2008 at 08:15 PM..
Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
JD914
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacswa3 View Post
Can you explain the steps?
Insert CD
open windows media player
tools>options>rip music....on "rip music to this location" select Blackberry device
press "start rip"
all tracks that you selected to rip will automatically be ripped directly to your BB

Enjoy!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #11
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

there is a new software coming that will allow you to sync itunes music with your blackberry media player. I can't remember where I read it .
Old 05-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #12
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

BlackBerry - Wireless Media Player at BlackBerry.com found it.

the software is coming .. this will be great.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #13
jmarsh1515

The easiest way I found to do is to insert the memory card into the memory card slot on the computer and then click and drag
Old 05-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #14
wildlemon747
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

Firstly, I highly recommend investing in a micro sd card for the device. 8gb is not supported yet (unless running an os above 4.2) but anything up to 4gb is fine. Take your itunes music that you want on the phone and enter in a playlist. In Itunes select "edit" then "preferences". When a new window pops up click on the "advanced" tab in the top bar then in the new window select "burning." Now select the cd burner, if not selected already, then make sure the Disc Format is in the "Audio CD" option. Click ok and exit out of the window then right click on the playlist name and click burn to disc. When the disc is burnt, open Windows media player. In wmp menu hover over rip, click on the arrow and for the "format" select mp3. Other options include importing quality and in "advanced options" you can select the file where the music should be saved to. I use a sup-folder in the windows music folder. Now when that is completed open the folder where you sent the songs and their they will be. They will not have a name just track 1... name the files via artist - song name (do not forget the space between the words and the dash). This will make it show up properly on the phone. After that open desktop manager then media manager. In media manager you can click and draq in your music from your other directory to media manager. When you select a song in media manager and right click it select "audio tags." You will now be able to name the song and add album artwork. If you get a media card for the blackberry install the card, enter the media card options on the phone and make sure to format the card. Naming is not required but makes everything look much better. If all steps are completed, in the media manager the lower half shows the phone (make sure its connected) and select the media card then music sub-folder. Select the songs in the upper-half of media manager click the "copy down" button and then select "convert for optimal playback." If all was done correctly, you will now have a device that is just as good as an ipod for listening to music or watching movies. I have had much trouble with music on my phone and this is a sure-proof way for 100% success. It is a lot of steps but I was able to load 1000 songs with album artwork to my phone in 1.5 hours. If you have any questions because these are not formal directions feel free to send me a message via blackberryforums. Good Luck!

Last edited by wildlemon747; 05-21-2008 at 12:56 AM..
Old 05-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #15
jgibb

PIN: 319EBD2F

If I'm not mistaken the Verizon version of the 8330 will take the 8 gig micro SDHC
Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #16
tlk311

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&T

I received at 8310 to replace a dead 8300, and when I installed the desktop software, media manager was not on it. So the music I had on my memory card is still there, but I a can not add anymore with out that program. I tried going into my computer, opening the device as a drive and copying files (music and pics, which has worked before), and it will recognize that there is a removable drive, but not open it. Anyone have any ideas here?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #17
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlemon747 View Post
Firstly, I highly recommend investing in a micro sd card for the device. 8gb is not supported yet (unless running an os above 4.2) but anything up to 4gb is fine. Take your itunes music that you want on the phone and enter in a playlist. In Itunes select "edit" then "preferences". When a new window pops up click on the "advanced" tab in the top bar then in the new window select. "burning." Now select the cd burner, if not selected already, then make sure the Disc Format is in the "Audio CD" option. Click ok and exit out of the window then right click on the playlist name and click burn to disc. When the disc is burnt, open Windows media player. In wmp menu hover over rip, click on the arrow and for the "format" select mp3. Other options include importing quality and in "advanced options" you can select the file where the music should be saved to. I use a sup-folder in the windows music folder. Now when that is completed open the folder where you sent the songs and their they will be. They will not have a name just track 1... name the files via artist - song name (do not forget the space between the words and the dash). This will make it show up properly on the phone. After that open desktop manager then media manager. In media manager you can click and draq in your music from your other directory to media manager. When you select a song in media manager and right click it select "audio tags." You will now be able to name the song and add album artwork. If you get a media card for the blackberry install the card, enter the media card options on the phone and make sure to format the card. Naming is not required but makes everything look much better. If all steps are completed, in the media manager the lower half shows the phone (make sure its connected) and select the media card then music sub-folder. Select the songs in the upper-half of media manager click the "copy down" button and then select "convert for optimal playback." If all was done correctly, you will now have a device that is just as good as an ipod for listening to music or watching movies. I have had much trouble with music on my phone and this is a sure-proof way for 100% success. It is a lot of steps but I was able to load 1000 songs with album artwork to my phone in 1.5 hours. If you have any questions because these are not formal directions feel free to send me a message via blackberryforums. Good Luck!
Wildlemon! OMG, excellent tutorial! I have to try this!

Anyway, when I first started using itunes, I had "ripped" or uploaded a couple of CDs to my laptop using the itunes player (thinking that this would be the best quality) and of course now those CD's won't play on my computer unless itunes is open since it ripped in mp4 (?) or whatever format. Anyway, my method of choice for downloading songs to the bb is the easy drag and drop, and when I did this to those mp4 files, they play fine on the bb and the song titles are listed.

But I don't use itunes to rip cds anymore.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #18
1Kool guy

Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Anybody ever thought about introducing this individual to a Wap site? There's all types of Free Mp3 Full Track Downloads floating around up in the Air between this Earth & the Satellite. Here try this out---->Free Wap Site, Real Music and Real Tones, Color Logo, Wallpaper and Animation you can copy it & send it as a text to your phone, then just high light it & click the trackball & you're already at the site. Have a Gr8 day!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:36 AM   #19
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...media-car.html
Old 06-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #20
1Kool guy

Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Here,try clicking onto these. They should help.
Free mp3 music download
Free Wap Site, Real Music and Real Tones, Color Logo, Wallpaper and Animation

A-Z Full MP3 Collection! wap.bdmobi.com
http://bdmobi.t35.com/pages/v6/fullmp3.wml

Take Care & Enjoy
Free fulltrack Mp3 download
Free fulltrack mp3 50 cent Akon mp3 download
Closed Thread