Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell
Default Need help with video file on 8330

Please Login to Remove!

(sigh)

So, apparently I can't play any of the videos I previously converted for my Pearl/Curve 8320 (I have a bout 10 full length movies that played just fine on both of those devices) on my new 8330. No idea if it's an OS 4.3 thing or what, but everything I've tried to play gives me "An error occcured attempting to play media".

What's worse is I just wasted 4 hours trying every possible combination of encoder settings using mencoder, Super and the BB video converter app with no luck.

I would try the Roxio application to convert it, but this is about as far as I can get with that piece junk:

So, can anyone with an 8330 let me know if they can play videos on their device and perhaps fill me in on what encoder settings work?

Yes, I've searched extensively, please keep your "use the search button" comments to yourself. No, this isn't a rant, please don't move my post.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off