Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Nerfman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default BES reconciliation issues

Please Login to Remove!

I have had AT&T and now Verizon service for my 8300 series devices and I'm getting a little pissed off that after I move or delete files out of my Inbox they don't reconcile.

I know there's a delay and I know that personal email's forwarded or synced don't delete but this is different, it's corporate email.

My settings are Mailbox & Handheld.

I've talked to my network administrator multiple times about this and he's said the BES is fine. I've also run diagnostic checks without error.

Do any of you have this issue and what have you done?

Thanks,

Nerfman
Old 07-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Have you checked the settings in Mail->Options->Email Reconcilation ??

Last edited by whsbuss; 07-22-2008 at 02:17 PM..
Old 07-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
scorpius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: The Donkey
Carrier: Vodafone

What BES version are you on?
What happens after reconcile now?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
Ragrots
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Sometimes BES reconciliation just runs slow... The only thing you can do is Reconcile Now.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
Nerfman

whsbuss: Yes on your question for Email Reconciliation: Mailbox & Handheld; Wireless: On; Conflicts: Mailbox wins.

scorpius: Not sure on the BES but I'll check with my net admin. After Reconcile Now the Arrows go back and forth, most of the emails reconcile but others stay even if deleted yesterday on my Inbox.

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
scorpius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok two questions:

Is every new deleted mail also deleted from your Inbox. Most options on the BB work "from now on". So it could be that older mail stays as it is but all new mail work accordingly.

For your Admin (He should know what this means) : Has he set Hard Deletes Reconciliation to True and the Message state Database to 200?

Last edited by scorpius; 07-22-2008 at 10:51 AM..
Old 07-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
Moonshadow
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
Carrier: TELUS

Actually, it has been my experience on BES that the only actual "wireless reconciliation" that takes place is deleted e-mail and read/unread flags.

If you try to move email to a .pst file, it won't actually physically move until a "hard sync" is completed with DM.

The other thing is do you have "hide filed messages" clicked on in your BB e-mail options? If you allow the BB to see folders other than your inbox (this is done from the DM) new e-mails you file to those other folders won't seem to move out of your BB inbox unless you have that setting clicked. As far as I am aware the BB filed emails may not actually move until you do a "hard sync" with DM.

Hope that helps

Telus - 8130 - BES/BIS
Old 07-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #8
scorpius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Unless I misunderstood and Assuming that by DM you mean Desktop Manger:
Why would you need DM while on a BES unless it is a 3.6 BES? You do not need DM for reconciliation. It moves on my BB without the Hard Sync. Just staring at my BB does the job by itself.

Wireless reconciliation does also handles folder moves.

Via Messages / Options / Email Settings / (Menu Key) Folder Redirection you can enable other folders from your BB.

Hide Filed Messages does two things together with Folder Redirection Enabled:
When ON - It shows the Message in your message list. When opened it disappears. You can still see the message via Messages / Options / View Folder
When OFF - The Message stays in your message list when it has been opened
You'll also notice that the icon for the message is not an envelope but a folder icon.

And don't forget reconciliation can take up to 15 minutes assuming your BES has normal performance.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #9
Nerfman

Hey guys:

Version of BES: 4.1

Hide filed messages is on but I'm going to ask about the hard delete. I realize also that reconcile can take 15-20 minutes, that's not the issue.

For example, I leave the office and have three emails in the Inbox for today's date. When I get to the train and look at my BlackBerry I have 10. If I move them into folders from the BB they move correctly but if the other way (via Inbox on my laptop) there is always some quantity, "x", left behind on my BB.

No one else in the office complains about this but also no one is a power user like me. I'm the BB expert and if I don't know I come here.

I just want an accurate picture of the Inbox on my BB and not have to do double work to file. My Inbox is my "to-do" list so it's pretty current. Also, not sure if this matters but I don't have any filters set up. If I need to see something in another folder I go: Menu > V for view folder > Open the folder.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
scorpius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Okay so the problem is not from the BB to your mail client but the other way around.

How does your laptop connect to the network? When? How Long?
What mail program do you use? Outlook? Notes?
Which 4.1.x version is your BES?
Do the ones who are left of the "some quantity" have a mail icon or a folder icon?
Do you have folder redirection enabled for all folders? Maybe you created new ones?
Can you confirm that the messages have been moved om the mail server by looking into the web client (like for example through Outlook Web Access)
Old 07-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #11
kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: VZW

I sometimes see this if I delete messages quickly after arriving in my desktop Outlook. Sometimes I'll get 4 or 5 internal promo emails at the same time, and within seconds I select them all and delete. I often find those emails don't get removed from my BB inbox and I have to delete them on the bb manually. PITA, but never gave it much thought.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #12
scorpius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
I sometimes see this if I delete messages quickly after arriving in my desktop Outlook. Sometimes I'll get 4 or 5 internal promo emails at the same time, and within seconds I select them all and delete. I often find those emails don't get removed from my BB inbox and I have to delete them on the bb manually. PITA, but never gave it much thought.
Is the Hard Deletes Reconciliation set to true on the BES?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:09 AM   #13
satsoupman

Model: 8330

Hello...
New BB user and trying to understand this functionality. I have selected the folders for reconciliation on our BES. I expect to see all the messages currently in those folders on my BB. No go. Is there another step to make that happen or does it not work that way??
TKS...
Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #14
scorpius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsoupman View Post
Hello...
New BB user and trying to understand this functionality. I have selected the folders for reconciliation on our BES. I expect to see all the messages currently in those folders on my BB. No go. Is there another step to make that happen or does it not work that way??
TKS...
The BB will only show the new messages which arrive after the Enterprise Activation and Enabling of Folder Redirection. The BES does not sync email. It pushes and reconciles. You won't get older email.