BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
serrano_yejo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default This joke says it all: Sorry, iPhone, but the Storm has all of that!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry, iPhone, but the Storm has all of that | BB Geeks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iphonestone.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	13712  

Last edited by serrano_yejo; 11-10-2008 at 12:36 PM..
Old 11-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
DrjonesUSA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A

Storm doesn't even have Wifi.......I didn't think WiFi was that big of a deal until I got my iPhone and realized how many open wifi networks are out there!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
fbrimm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

DrJones,

Be patient... This is just the initial release of the Storm to let Apple know RIM wants to play/fight. RIM wants to sell you their voice over ip system, so you can bet a WiFi Storm is on the horizon.

fbrimm
Old 11-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
hop2000
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Touch
Carrier: VZW

I really don't see why so many people are making such a big deal about WiFi not being on the Storm. If you live or work in an area with Evdo RevA (like myself), than WiFi would be pointless.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop2000 View Post
I really don't see why so many people are making such a big deal about WiFi not being on the Storm. If you live or work in an area with Evdo RevA (like myself), than WiFi would be pointless.
Same here EVDO Rev A, unlimited Data, What else do you need. I can't wait.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!

Through all the mobile devices I've had (and it's a slew of them) I've had wifi on a handful and used it around the same amount of times. Handy in big cities but not something that would be a deal breaker.

Iphone not having MMS, tasks and all the things BB does that iPhone doesn't = deal breaker.

Verizon is going to market the crap out of this thing and if the pricing is a low as been stated, I'd be really worried if I was Apple. But hey they won 3rd quarter
Old 11-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
hop2000
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jletendre View Post
Through all the mobile devices I've had (and it's a slew of them) I've had wifi on a handful and used it around the same amount of times. Handy in big cities but not something that would be a deal breaker.

Iphone not having MMS, tasks and all the things BB does that iPhone doesn't = deal breaker.

Verizon is going to market the crap out of this thing and if the pricing is a low as been stated, I'd be really worried if I was Apple. But hey they won 3rd quarter

I dont know if I would be worried if I was Apple just yet. They made a TON of money off the iPhone so far. Where they won't make any more money is the people who were actually considering the iPhone for a business phone. It is still lacking (in many aspects), as far as what it can do for my business versus a Blackberry. I would be worried if I was Apple about hocking the iPhone to other carriers as a true "business centric" phone as Apple has been trying to do for the last six months or so. I will be VERY interested to see how the Storm is accepted by the Blackberry users who LOVE their real life buttons. I know a lot of people who are against a full touch screen without actualy using one.

I would hope every non-believer at least gives the Storm a try. I know I will be one of the first in line to try it out. I have a feeling most Blackberry users will be suprised by the accuracecy of the Storm's userability. We will find out soon how receptive the Blackberry world is to trying something that is different from what they are used to using.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #8
Arcangel

Model: APPLE
Carrier: AT&T white 32G iPhone 3GS

i was an iphone user for about ^ months couldnt deal with the lack of features only cool thing was the screen and safari mobile. I left apple and att and returned to a curve. So yea if I was apple I would worry cuz one the STORM is a slayer of iphone and two if i and many others i know left for curves what do you think will happen when STORM drops!!! oh and I will be upgrading!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #9
DrjonesUSA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrimm View Post
DrJones,

Be patient... This is just the initial release of the Storm to let Apple know RIM wants to play/fight. RIM wants to sell you their voice over ip system, so you can bet a WiFi Storm is on the horizon.

fbrimm

Certainly, but that does not change the fact that this current iteration does not have it. ;)

For me personally, when I'm at my home or office, I can connect to our wifi which is 10mb/s Fiber-optic.

I think that edges out your EVDO just a little......;)

I can *definitely* tell the difference between wifi and any other connection as far as speed goes.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
DrjonesUSA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcangel View Post
i was an iphone user for about ^ months couldnt deal with the lack of features only cool thing was the screen and safari mobile. I left apple and att and returned to a curve. So yea if I was apple I would worry cuz one the STORM is a slayer of iphone and two if i and many others i know left for curves what do you think will happen when STORM drops!!! oh and I will be upgrading!!!

What "lack of features" are you talking about?? The THOUSANDS of applications available from the app store?

You're right..........
Old 11-11-2008, 12:29 AM   #11
Arcangel

Dr jones how about no MMS or Copy and paste to name a few. Crap a freakin razr can do that!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:31 AM   #12
Arcangel

PS your APP store cant add those so yes I am right and those are just a few beside the ones listed above in the Joke! tell me those arent important features!! ooo wait how about forwarding a text yea you can't do that either!!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 AM   #13
gothamcityguy

Model: 8130
Carrier: vzw
Default Iphone?

While RIM thinks this is an iphone, I played with it the other day and its nothing special. Click through is horrible for text entry, very tough to spell on this thing.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #14
Arcangel

gothamcityguy you must be slow!! I have played with it as well and it feels like typing on a regular phone with a qwerty!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #15
DrjonesUSA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcangel View Post
Dr jones how about no MMS or Copy and paste to name a few. Crap a freakin razr can do that!!!

I don't associate with people who don't have smartphones; I email all my photos to my friends.

Seriously - I see that MMS is a big deal for a lot of people, but I don't think I've ever sent but maybe 2 MMS messages in my life........for me, it's either text, email or phone......no need for MMS when I and all my friends have email.......

I know that lack of copy and paste is LAME in a phone that is allegedly as advanced as the iPhone, but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would......it is not completely mission-critical, for me, at least.

Overall, the iPhone's strengths far outweigh its weaknesses and it is, for me, a far better device than my Blackberry could have ever dreamed of being.

I can NOT believe I am saying that, since about 30 days ago I was vehemently convinced that they were little more than shiny, trendy toys.

Lo and behold, I drank the kool-aid and it tastes great!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #16
michael12005

Model: Tour

The main problem with the i Phone is lousy, expensive and useless AT & T!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #17
TreyS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop2000 View Post
You really need to think bigger than one user. ;)

Blackberry is a corporate device.

WiFi/ VoIP enabled Blackberry's would be the end-all solution for the mobile workforce. I'm never at my desk and rack up cell minutes while still at the office. Corporate VoIP = FREE calls while on the campus.

This has been discussed many times for many years. Too bad VZW and ATT keep omitting VoIP from their BB's (fear of losing $$$).

RIM proved it worked on the 7270 back in 2005.

BlackBerry RIM 7270
Old 11-14-2008, 12:22 AM   #18
Arcangel

Dr jones how about friends or lady friends who dont have smart phones that cant recieve emailed pics. CMON man not everyone has a smartphone and can get emails. So for them its MMS!! So if i am sending a dumbphone user a pic from my blackberry it has to be mms . That intern renders said iphone useless. That is why i got rid of it. When the ladies were sending me questionable pics, iphone couldn't receive from dumbphones or send back and that makes for crappy sexi pic time!! so there you have it
Old 11-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #19
pastor_rob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

And besides ... why do they think call them SMARTPHONES???? The opposite of smart is ... BINGO!!!

The STORM is coming ... and IPHONE better look out!!!
Closed Thread