Old 12-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
rsp2rsp2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Cannot Find "call-lofg Icon

Please Login to Remove!

I downloaded a new theme that unfortunately, did not have the "call log" icon. A fellow forum member here suggested that I could find it buried somewhere in the bold & move it to the homepage. He said it was in the "applications" folder (but I do not see it). Anyone know how to find it?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
JacobHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsp2rsp2 View Post
I downloaded a new theme that unfortunately, did not have the "call log" icon. A fellow forum member here suggested that I could find it buried somewhere in the bold & move it to the homepage. He said it was in the "applications" folder (but I do not see it). Anyone know how to find it?
I think I tried to find this too. Try looking at the menu and see if there is a "Show All" option under applications.

If I remember correctly, it was set to be hidden for some reason.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Magnum
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

Click the menu button [the one with the 7 dots] to enter the "Full Menu" screen, then click the menu button again and hit show all > Now go to the "Application Folder" and look for the "Call Log" icon.

If you do not find it in the applications folder, go and look for it in the other folders. It's gotta' be there, because it WAS NOT removed from the theme.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #4
rsp2rsp2

Okay...thanks to Magnum's lead, I got it done. Weird though, the first time I looked for the "call log" icon in the applications folder, it was not there. The second time, it was.

First, for some reason, the application folder would not allow me to move the call-log icon out of the app folder & on to the home page. I got around that by moving the call log icon into a newly created holder INSIDE the applications menu, moving the call-log icon inside that folder, moving it to the home area, opening it & moving the contents (the log log icon) to the option the bold refers to as "a new folder" (but giving the option of the homepage area).

I cannot explain why all of this was needed but FINALLY, I have SINGLE home page full of IMPORTANT icons (& no second icon page since rarely used icons were set to hidden).

I feel like an obsessed meth tweaker (he-he)....
Old 12-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #5
4mynikka

Carrier: Rogers

Can't you see the call log by pressing the send key?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
Magnum
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsp2rsp2 View Post
Okay...thanks to Magnum's lead, I got it done. Weird though, the first time I looked for the "call log" icon in the applications folder, it was not there. The second time, it was.

First, for some reason, the application folder would not allow me to move the call-log icon out of the app folder & on to the home page. I got around that by moving the call log icon into a newly created holder INSIDE the applications menu, moving the call-log icon inside that folder, moving it to the home area, opening it & moving the contents (the log log icon) to the option the bold refers to as "a new folder" (but giving the option of the homepage area).

I cannot explain why all of this was needed but FINALLY, I have SINGLE home page full of IMPORTANT icons (& no second icon page since rarely used icons were set to hidden).

I feel like an obsessed meth tweaker (he-he)....
Dude........Hover over the icon, hit menu, then hit move to folder, then hit the word HOME. Now you can go to the main screen and move them about.

After you read this post, PLEASE go find the sticky up top and get reading on how to use a BB. It really will help you tremendously, it'll get rid of some frustration and finally it'll help my blood pressure .
Old 12-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #7
hmong
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

I had the same problem after downloading all the themes I liked, almost none of them showed call log icon so I just thought it was deleted for some reason. BUt then... it made sense like 4mynikka said, you can just view the call log by pressing the call button, it's actually a much faster and easy short-cut.
Closed Thread