Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
boiserockguy

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Rhapsody To Go Problems

Please Login to Remove!

I have searched through several posts on this site in trying to find an answer to my questions, but could still use some help.

1. Is Rhapsody To Go really compatible with the Storm? This may seem like a stupid question as I successfully used it with my Storm for a while, but now I get a message saying,

"You do not have the rights to play this content. You may need to synchronize with your PC in order to obtain rights."

I have successfully gotten Rhapsody to recognize my phone, and I can stream songs from my computer, however; the To Go service does not seem to be working anymore with my Storm because of DRM issues related to the subscription service. I have tried updating "Update Track Licenses", but this seems to only apply to the content on my computer, not my phone.

2. If To Go is compatible with the Storm, has anyone had a similar issue of being able to use To Go for a while, and then having the above error message start coming up on your phone, and found any fixes for this.

I know you have to sync your phone at least once every 30 days, and I would love to do that but think I must be missing something. It sounds like all you should have to do is successfully get Rhapsody to recognize your phone, which I have done, and then it should magically take care of the rest. Is there something else I should be doing???

I am running the newest update to the Storm OS, and am synching to a PC with Windows XP.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, and have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
Z28Jerry

Model: Storm

100% the same problem here. Got it working with my existing to-go account, authorized it and put a ton of music on it. A little while later (after an operating system update on the storm, if that has any relevance) I got the same message and have not been able to sync it since.

Called Rhapsody technical service and they were no help. They said the Storm should work just fine with their service so its not their problem.

If anyone has a clue, I would be very grateful!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
deezmfnutz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiserockguy View Post
I have searched through several posts on this site in trying to find an answer to my questions, but could still use some help.

1. Is Rhapsody To Go really compatible with the Storm? This may seem like a stupid question as I successfully used it with my Storm for a while, but now I get a message saying,

"You do not have the rights to play this content. You may need to synchronize with your PC in order to obtain rights."

I have successfully gotten Rhapsody to recognize my phone, and I can stream songs from my computer, however; the To Go service does not seem to be working anymore with my Storm because of DRM issues related to the subscription service. I have tried updating "Update Track Licenses", but this seems to only apply to the content on my computer, not my phone.

2. If To Go is compatible with the Storm, has anyone had a similar issue of being able to use To Go for a while, and then having the above error message start coming up on your phone, and found any fixes for this.

I know you have to sync your phone at least once every 30 days, and I would love to do that but think I must be missing something. It sounds like all you should have to do is successfully get Rhapsody to recognize your phone, which I have done, and then it should magically take care of the rest. Is there something else I should be doing???

I am running the newest update to the Storm OS, and am synching to a PC with Windows XP.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, and have a Merry Christmas!
Occasionally I get the same error, battery pull fixes it for me.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:13 AM   #4
adhiman

Default Battery Pull

Battery Pull fixed this issue on my 9530 as well. Awesome!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #5
boiserockguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz View Post
Occasionally I get the same error, battery pull fixes it for me.
Unfortunately...no luck with the battery pull for me
Old 12-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
boiserockguy

Default Fixed

So, I checked the Rhapsody software on my computer again for an update, and this time there was one there. That seems to have fixed it for now!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #7
Timmychunga
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm

battery pull also fixes it for me
Closed Thread