Old 12-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
mlxjaded
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: PM
Carrier: AT&T
Default Should I go back to Blackberry?

Please Login to Remove!

My first Blackberry was the Pearl. LOVED it. Then it broke...

Then I got the Curve. LOVED it. Then it broke...

After that I decided not to go back to Blackberry and instead I got the Samsung Blackjack II. HATE it. The keyboard is horrible. I thought I'd get used to it but it's been over a month and I don't like it at all. I really want to go back to Blackberry now but I'm afraid of it breaking.

I don't want you to think I am rough with my phones because I am not. Both of my old Blackberry's had cases on them and it only took one (very bad) drop to break them.

But I'd rather break 10 more Blackberry's than have to deal with this Blackjack II any longer!!

Any suggestions?

Out on your own.
Cold and alone again.
Can this be what you really wanted, baby?
Old 12-26-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 3050BF93
Carrier: Verizon

I am pretty hard on my phone so i got insurance on it with verizon. its like 5 a month and covers just about everything.

Better to pay 120$ over 2 years and have the reassurance that if i break my phone that i can get a new one rather then having to pay 600$ to replace my broken storm!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

as they say . . . . once you go Black . . . . .
Old 12-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
mlxjaded
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsontag View Post
I am pretty hard on my phone so i got insurance on it with verizon. its like 5 a month and covers just about everything.

Better to pay 120$ over 2 years and have the reassurance that if i break my phone that i can get a new one rather then having to pay 600$ to replace my broken storm!
Funny how insurance never crossed my mind throughout this whole process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus View Post
as they say . . . . once you go Black . . . . .
Hahahah so true.

Out on your own.
Cold and alone again.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
LuisT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: Ask for it.
Carrier: T-Mobile

I would go right back with the blackberry, if you noticed that you hated the blackjack. I would probably look into buying a harder case.

-Luis
Old 12-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

I've gotten the insurance on both the BlackBerries I've had (just because the I'd rather pay the deductible them buy a now phone for that just incase situation)

I've dropped my BlackBerry(ies) here and there, to the point where the battery and door popped out (my trusty 8830) and it still works fine.. I dropped my Curve (8330) a few times and so far so good.

If you want to go back to BlackBerry I would get one of those OtterBox cases, supposibly they are almost "indestructible". This way you can protect it as much as you can.

know which model your going to get?

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Only you can answer that question.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 12-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #8
341EastOf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlxjaded
My first Blackberry was the Pearl. LOVED it. Then it broke...

Then I got the Curve. LOVED it. Then it broke...

After that I decided not to go back to Blackberry and instead I got the Samsung Blackjack II. HATE it. The keyboard is horrible. I thought I'd get used to it but it's been over a month and I don't like it at all. I really want to go back to Blackberry now but I'm afraid of it breaking.

I don't want you to think I am rough with my phones because I am not. Both of my old Blackberry's had cases on them and it only took one (very bad) drop to break them.

But I'd rather break 10 more Blackberry's than have to deal with this Blackjack II any longer!!

Any suggestions?
Go back to BB. You know you want to.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
kjjb0204

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlxjaded View Post
One very bad drop is all it takes to break most handheld mobile devices. It's not built to withstand bad drops. Neither is the iphone, blackjack, motoq. If you're prone to drops, better get a good case. Check Seidio cases and Otterbox cases. Undoubtedly you'll hear stories of people who drop a device from a 3rd story window onto concrete and it still works fine, but I would think that's the exception. Don't expect a device to be indestructable.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #10
mlxjaded
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks everyone! You guys are right, I do really want to go back to Blackberry.

I'm looking into either another Pearl or Curve. I would really love the Bold but it's out of my price range considering I'm buying it without a contract. Maybe even an 8820...I'm still looking around.

Out on your own.
Cold and alone again.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
bjmack

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

personally, i am
counting the days to throw my blackberry in the trash. to anyone even thinking about buying one, do your research and get a i-phone. it is less complicated and so user friendly. i despise having to use roxio whenever i go to the blackberry manager. just my opinion but certainly not alone.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #12
kjjb0204

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmack View Post
Wirelessly posted

personally, i am
counting the days to throw my blackberry in the trash. to anyone even thinking about buying one, do your research and get a i-phone. it is less complicated and so user friendly. i despise having to use roxio whenever i go to the blackberry manager. just my opinion but certainly not alone.
Great first post. Why bother?
Old 12-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #13
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

personally, i am
Sounds like your focus is multimedia. Buying a Blackberry was a colossal mistake for someone like you. These things are designed for professionals with industrial-grade communications needs. If you focus is YouTube, music and music videos, stuff like that, the BB definitely not for you.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #14
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 3050BF93

IMHO i dont think that my storm is all that complicated. And i agree with rambo, if you want a multimedia device go with an Iphone but if you want a amazing all around device then BB is the only way to go.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #15
KBloch

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT+T

I needed to replace my 8525 - I considered an iphone before purchasing a Bold. I am very pleased with my decision as my needs are business oriented. There is a learning curve moving to a new system, and with the help of this forum, the transition was made easier. Thanks for all your help! I did purchase insurance, and it was interesting that insurance was not available on the iphone.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #16
Metropolis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330

Hahaha. I drop my blackberry everyday. Still alive and kickin'.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #17
longcall911

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

personally, i am
You must be kidding. I copied about 100 mp3s to my BB (Pearl) using Roxio MM and it took under 2 minutes. Copied the same ones to my iPod using iTunes and 15 minutes later it was still working on it.

With my 8 GB SDcard I put 4 hours of video (captured TV) and still have room for 1200 mp3s. All this plus IMAP email on my phone which is unbelievably clear on voice calls, and has a great speakerphone.

Thanks, I'll keep my BB and if you're throwing yours away, throw it my way.

/*tom*/