Old 02-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
NAZology
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Moving Contact list to Outlook

Please Login to Remove!

I tried searching as much as I can but I feel like all of the questions are a lot more technical then I need.

I am on BIS. I just want to take my contacts from the Bold and put them into outlook so I can then take them from outlook and put them on another phone.

When I plug the bold in and open desktop manager and click the Sync icon there are check boxes for

Synchronization Organizer Data
Run Add in Actions
Update Device Data and Time

If I click configure and synchronization my options are

Configure synchronization settings for my desktop program
Use the default synchronization settings for the organizer applications on my computer

Obviously I am clueless. Is it even possible to get my contacts from the bold into outlook?

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
glopezur
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: COMCEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZology View Post
I tried searching as much as I can but I feel like all of the questions are a lot more technical then I need.

I am on BIS. I just want to take my contacts from the Bold and put them into outlook so I can then take them from outlook and put them on another phone.

When I plug the bold in and open desktop manager and click the Sync icon there are check boxes for

Synchronization Organizer Data
Run Add in Actions
Update Device Data and Time

If I click configure and synchronization my options are

Configure synchronization settings for my desktop program
Use the default synchronization settings for the organizer applications on my computer

Obviously I am clueless. Is it even possible to get my contacts from the bold into outlook?

Thanks.
Yes it is possible; actually you are there; just configure the things you want to sync (contacts, calendar, etc ) and then press the sync button or you can set it to sync every time you connect your BB to the computer.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Right, where it says configure sync for desktop, click on the button synchronization.
click on address book, then the button that says setup, then select microsoft outlook, click next
you can chose to sync both ways (between phone and pc) one way FROM device to outlook, and one way TO device from outlook. click to sync one way from device click next. select outlook and click next, then finish.

then you can click sync on the sync page and it will transfer your contacts to outlook.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 02-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
NAZology
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

Got it!

Thank you sir!
Closed Thread