Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
tonel

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: centennial
Default cant figure it out please help. black screen

Please Login to Remove!

ok heres the deal. took my 8310 out of the leather case. the screen flashed white then went black.

I can recieve calls, end calls with the red power/end call button, and i can make calls with the voice command key on the side of the cell.

thats the end of it, the keyboard doesnt work nor light up, and the screen remains black.

the cell will charge the LED will light up if i recieve a text, it rings when there is an incoming call.

i can connect to the desktop manager and even updated to the newest software today.

yes i have tried hard resets, battery out and in. heres the deal i had about a 1/5 too many of that good old russian vodka the night before and dont exactly recall if it was dropped, but there seems to be no markings on it that would indicate such plus i used it an hour before the white screen flashed so??

Please any help out there? i seem to be at a dead end and dont want to go through ordering a new LCD for it if it turns out that the keyboard still wont work.

Unfortunately it is out of warranty and no insurance.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
chrisfromcali

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile

I'm not a blackberry expert but figure I would chime in. If you can make calls and take calls, but no keyboard or screen and you say it flashed before it crapped out perhaps something inside has come un hooked. It wouldl make sense to be especially if the keyboard wont light up. If you have nothing else to loose you could always take it apart.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
tonel

Default i took the blackberry apart

i took the blackberry apart checked the LCD ribbon, the keyboard and the LCD itself for any signs of damage. no apparent damage and the ribbon is connected correctly and if it wasnt before it is now with no new results.

Im still stumped and honestly i can beleive i have only gotten 1 response on here. it seems like this could be a common problem. guess not??

I am open for any guess on this , it doesnt hurt to try them all
Old 07-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Not sure on your keyboard issue.. Could be hardware.. might try and swap it out.

as far as it not connecting to your computer, that sounds like a driver issue.

What OS are you running on your computer, and what versions of the desktop manager are you running?

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
tonel

i can connect to the computer.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
skatercurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: rogers

I have the same problem. Took the 8800 out of the case and the screen was on, white and completely blank...no hour glass or anything. I took out the battery to reboot it. Then it was black..no lights on keyboard either. Thought it was not working or battery was dead...but then realized it was still working (vibrating when received email, voice dial button, receiving calls). Reloaded it, wiped it (jl_cmder)...everything still no lights. The screen shot from jl_cmder shows the normal desktop. It's like there is just no power to the screen or keyboard lights (red and green light on top work). I even swapped screens with a screen that I know works from an old 8800 that had a never ending reboot problem. Did you find a solution? Anyone else with suggestion?
Old 07-09-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
skatercurt

Default update

still no success, but I have had it light up again sometimes. I plugged it in without the battery and all the lights lit up, and the screen showed the no battery icon. Put the battery in and the screen cam up (but I don't have the case and keyboard on). Then it went black again. I also had it light up with just the battery in...but just blank screen.

I found a post about this problem with the pearl and curve. There is process where you put electrical tape on for soldier points and it fixes it...but the 8800 does not have the same layout
Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #8
tonel

no solution at this point but i have noticed a silver cover behind the battery that seems to have a natural crease in it.??!!! wonder if this is actualy touching a portion of the board and causing a short out? well nothing to loose now no insurance and no warranty, guess its time to remove the silver cover and find out.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
skatercurt

Let us know what you find underneath that metal plate.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
skatercurt

Default Update

My phone is working now. Not sure why. I just left it for the weekend apart and with no battery in. On Sunday night I put the battery in and it started right up. It's Monday morning and it's still working. I'll reply back if it stops working again.....strange.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
skatercurt

It's Tuesday night and the phone is still working. Maybe the trick is to leave it without power (battery or cord) for a couple days.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #12
krasnyj_mayak

Carrier: Rogers / unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonel View Post
ok heres the deal. took my 8310 out of the leather case. the screen flashed white then went black.

I can recieve calls, end calls with the red power/end call button, and i can make calls with the voice command key on the side of the cell.

thats the end of it, the keyboard doesnt work nor light up, and the screen remains black.

the cell will charge the LED will light up if i recieve a text, it rings when there is an incoming call.

i can connect to the desktop manager and even updated to the newest software today.

yes i have tried hard resets, battery out and in. heres the deal i had about a 1/5 too many of that good old russian vodka the night before and dont exactly recall if it was dropped, but there seems to be no markings on it that would indicate such plus i used it an hour before the white screen flashed so??

Please any help out there? i seem to be at a dead end and dont want to go through ordering a new LCD for it if it turns out that the keyboard still wont work.

Unfortunately it is out of warranty and no insurance.
I have very similar issue with 8310. Started about two weeks ago. Will die during conversation - black screen do not reackt on any key .... battery reinsering will start it up again, or if iplug power cord (usb) or connect with computer. I noticed that before it dies it has a lot of radio disturbance that is increasing , if i am luky and plug power cord (or connection to comp at that time than it will keep working. When it is dead it is not compleatly dead screen is black and keyboard is not working nut if i press alarm button on the top it starts playing alarm music? Unfortunatelu my BB is out of warranty. I talked to service representative and he told me that it is memory chip on SIM card, and I need to replace it (I am with Rogers) and it will fix problem . I did (yesterday) and it did not fix the problem ... I will really appreciate any help , really.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #13
tonel

i tried everything the little metal cover behind the battery with the crease in it provided no clues. it seems to be shorted out somehow somewhere is all i can figure. swapping screens , batteries, reloading the OS nothing works. I have no clue but i believe BB knows the answer and wont come forward with it because it could cause a recall/replacement situation that would become costly for them so they will just avoid the answer and act like there isnt one, after all it increases new sales if people re-purchase a BB so i will avoid that next time around. if i must replace a phone that has a glitch in its OS or motherboard it might aswell be a cheaper version that can do the same thing and not be a BB i guess
Old 10-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #14
ccollins690

Carrier: AT&T

I have a Curve 8310 AT&T and it has been faithful more than a year until today. --- all of a sudden, phone works, but can't answer 'cause no key on keyboard, side, function keys, NOTHING outside the box works. WTF?

I'm going to leave it overnight. Then we'll see. Any advice email me.
Closed Thread