Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
John Price

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Default Green LED on 8830 ??

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, new to hear so hello and thanks in advance for any help!!

I have a BlackBerry 8830 and as of yesterday a deep green LED has turned on (I am not sure how) and will not go away.

I have tried all the suggested methods like turning off the conection LED setting through the options > screen and Keyboard settings etc but to no avail. I have also tried a battery pull and again unsuccessful!!

The LED is deep green in colour not yellowish green like the low battery LED and until yesterday I had never seen it.

Can anyone help to as what this might be and how I can get rid of it??
Old 07-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
John Price

Anyone ???

Pleeeeease its driving me insane
Old 07-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
localguy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

i dont know but i did a quick search on google came up with this link, thats if your running a app,?
https://store.handango.com/ampp/stor...99266&review=1

Last edited by localguy; 07-12-2009 at 02:42 PM..
Old 07-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
ahmedbilalmir

Model: 8330
Carrier: singtel

Charging conditions:

When the BlackBerry smartphone is powered on and plugged into a charging source you will see a lightning bolt over the battery indicator. If the battery has already been charged to 100% this indicator will be removed.
When the BlackBerry smartphone is powered off and plugged into a charging source the light-emitting diode (LED) will slowly flash yellow when charging.
When it has completed charging the LED will show solid green until unplugged or powered on.
Charge Times:

Over all charge times will depend on the BlackBerry smartphone being charged and what power source is charging it.

When the BlackBerry smartphone is plugged into a computer without the USB drivers installed it will charge at one fifth the rate of when the drivers are installed.
When plugged into an approved BlackBerry AC wall charger or car charger you can receive the same or higher charge rate then when using a computer with the USB drivers installed.
Discharge conditions:

As the battery discharges the BlackBerry smartphone will issue an audible beep and a yellow LED will begin flashing when a low battery condition is reached. Further battery discharge will cause an audible beep and an informational message to be displayed indicating that there is not enough battery capacity to operate the radios and the radios will automatically turn off. Still further battery discharge will cause another informational message to be displayed indicating that the BlackBerry smartphone will turn off due to insufficient battery capacity and the BlackBerry smartphone will turn itself off automatically.
If the BlackBerry smartphone has turned itself off due to insufficient battery capacity connecting a charger will cause a yellow LED to slowly flash. This is normal HANDHELD OFF charging behavior. The BlackBerry smartphone will go back to the ON state if it is manually turned on by pressing the ON button.
If the BlackBerry smartphone has turned itself off due to insufficient battery capacity and remains in this state without being charged for a long time it will enter a deep sleep condition. Connecting a charger to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point will cause the red LED to turn on for up to 2 minutes, after which the red LED will turn off and the Battery Charging icon will be displayed.
If a dead battery is inserted in the BlackBerry smartphone the red LED may turn on for up to 2 minutes. Connecting a charger to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point will cause the red LED to turn on for up to 2 minutes, after which the red LED will turn off and a Battery Charging icon will be displayed.
If a deeply discharged battery is inserted into the BlackBerry smartphone there will be no visual indicators of functionality. Connecting a charger to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point will cause the red LED to turn on for up to 2 minutes, after which the red LED will turn off and a Battery Charging icon will be displayed.
Make sure the charger is a BlackBerry wall charger or a computer. Using a bus-powered USB hub may cause the red LED to remain on indefinitely and the computer operating system may show a pop-up window with the following message: USB Hub Power Exceeded. In this case, the BlackBerry smartphone will not charge
Old 07-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

STOP posting this information. For the most part on all the threads you have posted this, it is NOT relevant.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-13-2009, 03:01 AM   #6
John Price

ahmedbilalmir, I have to agree with Midnightdraven as that post seems to have missed the mark!!!

Anyone else?? I am getting to the point where I want to throw it out the window as this stupid green LED is so bloody obvious and always in the corner of my eye if I put the BB down!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 04:26 AM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Cut and paste from manuals or the BB web site. Nothing more.

John Price - you may want to backup, wipe out the BB and reload the OS onto the 8830.

If the problem persists after reloading the OS, then it is hardware. If not, then it was a software problem (only can be one of two, right)

If you want to do this, first download the latest handheld OS (see the sticky). Back up your data completely, and then follow the instructions here How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ to the letter.

Good luck.
Closed Thread