Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
Elkaye

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Default Transferring music from PC >> BB

Please Login to Remove!

A newby here and having trouble transferring music from my PC to my BB. When using the BB desktop manager (Roxio) when I try to drop the music into the lower window, I get a message saying the files are copyright protected and cannot be copied!

I have downloaded tune clone as I read this should help, but this only seems to work with itunes. The music I wanna transfer is from CD's ripped onto my PC.

Any help as always would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Tmobile

If it says your ripped music is copyright protected I suspect you used something like the dreaded Windows Media Player to rip it and checked the wrong box somewhere. That program is lame anyway. .If so you're screwed with those songs perhaps. Most people don't use the lousy/slow Roxio or DM to transfer music, they just drag it straight to the music folder on the card. Try that and see if it works any better. The Roxio thing is horrible for a lot of people. I never installed in on mine. I use a program from RIM called Media Synch and make playlists in iTunes of the music I want to transfer and it works great. The advantage over drag/drop is of course I can transfer playlists and it transfers the cover art every time if you're into that.

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 09-09-2009 at 01:13 PM..
Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 AM   #3
Elkaye

thanks for your in depth reply. I did rip my CD's to my PC using windows media player I believe, I wasn't aware of any other programme to do it with! Any suggestions? Also how do I drag and drop the music on to the music card in my BB?

Thanks for your help once again!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #4
Anthonym

Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted

In order to drag and drop onto ur sd card 1st put the card in the comp. And open my computer with right click and explore u should see the sd card there and from there you open the sd and drag ur music to the folder or however u choce to organize ur sd and drop it there.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
Elkaye

Okay, many thanks for that, I'll give it go! Appreciate the advice!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
morcus

Model: 9000
Carrier: mtn

I looked at this post as I am a newbie to BB too and wanted to load some music since I am going away.
I looked at the SD card and decided that my PC did not have the slot for such a small card. So...
I connected the usb cable to the BB and PC and let the BB go into mass storage mode by clicking YES.
The music on my pc is in My Music under My Documents. Using Windows Explorer set in folders mode I merely copy and pasted or dragged the music I wanted from My Music to Blackberry, Music.
How simple was that? No loaders or anything, really simple.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
morcus

Model: 9000
Carrier: mtn

I looked at this thread as I am a newbie to BB too and wanted to load some music.
I looked at the SD card and decided that my PC did not have the slot for such a small card. So...
I connected the usb cable to the BB and PC and let the BB go into mass storage mode by clicking YES.
The music on my pc is in My Music under My Documents. Using Windows Explorer set in folders mode I merely copy and pasted or dragged the music I wanted from My Music to Blackberry, Music.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by morcus View Post
I looked at this thread as I am a newbie to BB too and wanted to load some music.
That's the easiest way. There's a little app called Media Synch that will let you quickly synch playlists on your itunes to the BB. It will only synch playlists and lets you check off which ones you want to add to the BB. If you add songs to one of the playlists in itunes it will add it to the BB playlist the next time. All of your album art synchs too. It's pretty cool