Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
apocalypse807

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Turkcell TR
Exclamation Blackberry Wi-Fi Problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone. Sorry, if I post my message in the wrong section, because this is my first one in this forum. I really need help about a problem with my new Blackberry 8900.

I purchased the phone 2 months ago, when I was in New York. I made a contract with T-Mobile, then I came back to my country, Turkey. A guy unlocked the phone.

Now, when I try to connect to my wi-fi router, it connects but the wi-fi logo is not highlighted, means I`m connected but don`t have a complete connection. And it doesn`t have no connection at all. I see my wi-fi connection name on the screen. When I try to connect to an internet site using Browser it gives me the message "unable to connect to the internet. Please try again later."

And when I go to "Manage Connections > Wi-Fi Options > apocalypse (my saved wi-fi profile; name of my wireless connection) > Wi-fi Tools > Wi-fi diagnostics, I see a bunch of details and information with three topics "Wi-fi, VPN and UMA" and under UMA there is an error message like "Status: ISP error. DNS server can not be reached."

Now I just use my own sim card here in Turkey, not T-Mobile any more. I can do everything on my Blackberry 8900, send texts, give and receive calls etc but I can`t have a wi-fi connection. Also I have changed the setting under Settings > Options > Mobile Network to Network Only when I have my sim in, and Wi-Fi Only without my sim. Can`t do it anyhow, anyway.

I need help guys, I would like to use my phone without any problems, I`m done with my iPhone. Thanks.

Huseyin
Closed Thread