Old 10-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
dak244
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon
Default Storm2 -- VZW Return/Exchange Policy -- Need Confirmation

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,

I think I understand the answer to this question, I would really just like some confirmation since it could be a costly decision:

I just recently purchased the Storm2 over the phone with Verizon and used one of the upgrades (alternate upgrade) on my Family Plan. Although I am sure I will really like the Storm2, I am also thinking I may like the Droid when it comes out.

So my question is, if I open the Storm and use it until Nov 3, decide I don't like it, return it and go back to using my Pearl, will I get the full refund and then upgrade back to my account? I would then want to maybe purchase the Droid in mid-November. According to what I read, you do not have to pay the restocking fee if you return the equipment all together (rather than exchange), and do not purchase another phone for at least 3 days, however, does this apply on upgrades as well or only for new customers?

I just want to make sure it would be OK to use my Storm2 for a few days to see if I like it, return it and go back to the Pearl if not, and then buy an android in Mid-November if I end up liking that phone. Thanks in advance!

Here is the excerpt from the VZW policy that I interpretted from:

"A $35 restocking fee will apply if you exchange your device for a different model or color, or if you return your device and within three days purchase another one. "

PS -- I am honestly not trying to "cheat" the system or anything, I just want to make sure I completely understand the policy before using the phone (and avoiding an additional $35 charge I don't really need to be paying right now would be nice as well)
Old 10-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
tach18k
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 83xx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

I upgraded form a curve within 90 days of my 2 year date, discount the $50 and $100 rebate, due me. Stiil just over $200 with rebate, is it worth the S2 over the free Storm1 ??? Here is what I was told, You have 30 days to try it, then a $35 restocking fee if you return it. I do have the family plan with 5 phones and a Verizon user for 8 years non stop, not to mention a corporate account discount, they really like me, so I can squeeze them some, but only by phone not in person.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
dak244
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by tach18k View Post
I upgraded form a curve within 90 days of my 2 year date, discount the $50 and $100 rebate, due me. Stiil just over $200 with rebate, is it worth the S2 over the free Storm1 ??? Here is what I was told, You have 30 days to try it, then a $35 restocking fee if you return it. I do have the family plan with 5 phones and a Verizon user for 8 years non stop, not to mention a corporate account discount, they really like me, so I can squeeze them some, but only by phone not in person.
I really don't think you understand what I am asking.

My question is just: Can I use the Storm2 for a few days to try it out and return it for a complete refund, continue using the Pearl I use now, and get my upgrade back (without paying the $35 fee).

I just want to make sure that if I don't like the phone and want to return it A) I still have my upgrade in case I do decide to go to Android and B) I won't be charged restocking fee if I just straight up return the phone (no exchange)
Old 10-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #4
jbairdjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550

I think it would be best to ask your Verizon rep this question.
They can tell you the exact details.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
alib21
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930

It's best if you call Verizon. I had problems when the Storm 1 came out. I went back to the Verizon store and they weren't able to help (gave me the run around), so I called customer service. I explained the "mess", didn't have to pay any restocking fees, and my 30 day return policy was extended (an extra 30 days). I have 5 lines & I believe the "solution" varies on the situation. Always best to call.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

I was told their is a 35 dollar restocking fee but their are always exceptions to the rules.. It's best to check with VZW because it really depends on the Rep.

I'm honestly not too happy with the Storm2 so I might be going threw this soon... probably next week.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
I was told their is a 35 dollar restocking fee but their are always exceptions to the rules.. It's best to check with VZW because it really depends on the Rep.

I'm honestly not too happy with the Storm2 so I might be going threw this soon... probably next week.
Hi SteveO86, can you tell us why arent you happy with it, Im thinking of getting it but I also need to be sure... thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
texasPI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A

Its my understanding and experience that the $35 charge is an exchange fee. I have bought and returned two BBs (a flip and S1) last month that I did not like and was not charged the $35. The $35 fee comes into play if you return and get a different phone within a 3 day period. The only screw up I noticed the second time doing this is that they did not roll back my upgrade date and contract date. Finally got the upgrade date rolled back but my contract date is still messed up.

Here's the text from the return policy posted online and the only time the $35 fee ism entioned is when exchanging:
Quote:
Exchange New Merchandise
Within 30 days of purchase of new merchandise, you may exchange it one time. In order to make the exchange, return the merchandise (including phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in likexxx8211;new condition. Please have your customer receipt available as proof of purchase. A $35 restocking fee will apply.
Here's the link to the page

EDIT: Forgot to add that the instruction sheet included with the phones I've purchased online include that information about the restocking fee being charged when you exchange for another device within three days of return.

Last edited by texasPI; 11-01-2009 at 05:11 PM..
Closed Thread