Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
Osprey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Serious Fault with Browser since recent Update

Please Login to Remove!

I want to flag up an issue since the recent update of my BB 8900 software. I am on the O2 network in the UK. I currently have Desktop Manager 5.0.1.18 and the BB 8900 is on version 4.6.1.310.

Over the last 2 weeks since updating, I have found that the web browser grinds to a halt when downloading content from normal websites like BBC.CO.UK and FT.COM. There is no problem in connecting to these sites, it is simply whilst Loading Images from the front pages that the BB seems to get “stuck”. The only way out is for me to hold down the Escape (curved arrow) key and close the browser. It is then impossible to move the cursor via the trackball away from the Web icon unless I briefly press the phone On/Off button. Once I have done this, I can move the trackball so as to go to another function (Contacts, Calendar etc.), but if I go back to the Web browser icon and try to connect again, nothing happens. In effect, I now can't really use the internet from my BB anymore. This problem never occurred until the recent software upgrades, my browser was working fine.

From very, very bitter experience, taking this into an O2 or Carphone Warehouse store for a fix is an utter waste of time and sending it off to RIM (= 4 weeks' loss of the BB) is too painful to go through. I should stress that everything else on the BB seems to be working fine.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, does someone know of a fix ? Grateful as always for any help.
Closed Thread