Old 11-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
ZiExpert

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: STC
Default Saudi STC and BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have just signed up with STC blackberry service.
I was able to setup email account and I got an email @aljawal.blackberry.com
I receive emails, chat with blackberry messenger and brows the internet, but when I check the status it gives me BIS not connected? how is that possible?

When ever I try to login using my laptop I get the following error:

>>>>Invalid user name or password:
>>>>Please retype your user name and password. The information you provided is >>>>incorrect.
>>>>Note that user name and password are case sensitive.

When I try logging in using the Storm browser I log in and I can manage my email account?

Is this normal?

In addition I can not log in to Facebook keep telling me that:
>>> Could not connect because a data service in not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support.

What should I do??

How can I fix this issue?
I called STC, but as usual no help no solution.

Regards.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

ZiExpert,

I have some experience with celly usage in the Middle East. STC and Mobily offer Blackberry services in the Kingdom and I have heard there are various issues when attempting to interface with BIS. I suggest one of two avenues to improve your connectivity.

#1. Switch to Zain cellular service. Zain Saudi Arabia just recently launched Blackberry services in Saudi Arabia and I hear it is much better than its two competitors. From what I hear, Blackberry phones are sold as regular cellular phones and not much is explained beyond the phone's cellular and SMS capabilities. Zain has gone beyond that to ensure its customers will have access to BES and BIS. Alcatel Lucent, a reputable Middle Eastern carrier, has also worked with Zain during the rollout to ensure proper integration and deployment.

#2. If you aren't on Facebook, get an account and check out "Blackberry KSA". This account is based out of Jeddah and Blackberry KSA and its members will give you all the scoop on how to get all your apps running to your liking in the Kingdom (BB messenger, Facebook, SMS, messenger programs, etc).

Let me know how this works out for you. I am still considering visiting the Kingdom in the near future.

Verizon 9530

Last edited by XelhaBB; 11-13-2009 at 08:40 PM..
Old 11-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
ZiExpert

Hi XelhaBB

Appreciate your help

Some how u r right, it is mainly sold as a mobile phone that has an extra feature which is PIN massaging......

At this point I can not switch to Zain, their BB service might be better but their mobile coverage is not at all.

I will check with Facebook group and will keep u posted.,

Let me know if u need any help in Saudi.

Regards.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
Alizawi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

I have an STC line and looking to buy my first blackberry (Strom 2). aside from your issue, will I have full access to BB service features? I am very hesitant about switching to BB, as I have been an iphone user for a long time. Any info you have will be appreciated. Thanks

P.S. have u found a solution to your problem? I do agree that zain has terrible mobile coverage.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
ZiExpert

Hi,

XelhaBB I went to facebook group
Had to do the following:
Setup the APN to jawalnet.com.sa
Downgrade to Facebook 1.6

Everything else is working, but still showing BB internet service not connected.

Appreciate your help.

Alizawi,
I hesitate to switch for a long time, but now I am enjoying everything. Storm is great but some applications does not work with the touch screen, the Bold might be a better choice.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #6
Alizawi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

i am talking about the new storm..have you tried it? i heard the touch screen is much bettter than the older version. What kind of applications are u talking about anyways?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

ZiExpert,

I knew you would find good advice on Blackberry KSA.

I had not heard Zain coverage was limited. That's good to know. Maybe that will change once they get more tower coverage. I have a feeling they will.

I've visited many countries in the Middle East. However being that my interest in the Kingdom is not business related I am finding it rather challenging to find my way there for a visit.

Whenever I go I normally take a quad band GSM phone and hit the internet from hotels and cafes. Iran had amazing cellular coverage but the internet was still running a dial up speed.

Do keep in touch and hit me with your PIN to see if we can chat. I have had limited success with that.

Verizon 9530
Closed Thread