Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
nhoy0119

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Default Cannot Get Device Password

Please Login to Remove!

I received an e-mail stating that I had to re-verify one of my hotmail accounts in order to be able to continue to use it. The weird thing is that I did not receive this message about my other hotmail account at all, nor have I had my blackberry for a year. I have had it since August. Anyway, I am attempting to log in and update the settings just in case for my phone and for the life of me I cannot remember my device password. I tried having it sent to my phone but there was no message ever sent even though it say that it was successful.

I have been reading throughout this discussion board and people have been saying input a wrong password 10 times to wipe it. My concern is that all my pictures, contacts and that will be erased. I was never told how to back up the blackberry when I got it much less how to work it. I had to play around with it and just figure it out for myself.

Is there a way to recover the device password or am I SOL?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Your device password has nothing to do with your BIS account password.

If you don't know your device password, how have you been using it?

Also, please correct your profile. It is physically impossible to use an 8310 on US Cellular.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
nhoy0119

Sorry for being wrong. Like I said, I don't know much about the Blackberry that I have. I have the exact same phone that the 8310 is. It looks exactly the same. All the keys, the color etc. Sorry for not knowing all the information. Sheesh.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Probably the 8330 is your device. You can check by clicking the options icon, then clicking on About.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Dingster1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: 30c817e6
Carrier: verizon

Hotmail will have you reverify your HOTMAIL password every 90 days I believe. I would recommend the beginner tutorials here and on Crackberry.com for learning about your device
Old 12-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
nhoy0119

It is an 8330. Sorry for that but my hotmail password is always authenticated because I log into it every day outside of looking at it on my blackberry. Could that e-mail have been a farse?
Old 12-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Yes, but its need to authenticated with Blackberry.
Hence the email, asking you to input yourt hotmail password in the settings on the BIS.

Looking at it outside of blackberry makes no difference.
Its blackberry that is saying "authenticate" and therefore needs to be done on BIS. (email setup).

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 12-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
nhoy0119

Midnight - But that wouldn't make any sense because I've only had it since August and I authenticated the e-mail account when I set it up. Seeing as I cannot get into my BIS account due to lost password, I tried using the recover utility but it never sent me a notice or a message even though it said it did. So I am wondering if there is another way other than calling my carrier and having them reset it.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

So when you said "device password" you mean the password used to login to BIS.

90 days is roughly 3 months, its been 5 months since you got your blackberry. why its taken a bit longer, im not sure, but regardless, its asking you to do it.

I believe it should have come through as a PIN message from blackberry. Are you currently connected to data?
Have you checked the MESSAGES folder?

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 12-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

nhoy, as others have said, you need to re-enter your hotmail password. You know that password, correct? If so, for now, do it from the blackberry using the email setup wizard. Then figure out your BIS password as a separate matter.

Also, it is possible you have a windows live password and a hotmail password, and perhaps you typically log into your email using the windows live password. You can use either one in practice, except for BIS. You must use the hotmail password for BIS. Just FYI if thie situation applies to you.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
nhoy0119

I will be honest, I do not see any message from Blackberry anywhere on my phone. I have checked all three e-mails and then the text message folder that I have that deals with all incoming messages regardless and there is nothing in any of them from Blackberry. Unless I am looking in the wrong spot, which I might be, I don't see it.

aiharkness - thank you for the help, I did figure that part out on how to get in there to validate it
Closed Thread