Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
maru3445

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Phones Automatically Migrated to BESx

Please Login to Remove!

Not that I am looking a gift horse in the mouth but I was wondering if anyone could shed a light on how this happened.

My company had a full blown BES. We had to get rid of it because we were downgrading our data plan with AT&T.

Uninstalled BES, removed DB. Installed BESx. Now according to Blackberry I was going to need to wipe each phone and then reactivate it on the new BESx server. Before I started wiping all the phones, I added all the users to the BESx.

I then proceeded to wipe a couple of the phones and activate them, which worked fine, but as I was working on those I noticed all the other phones at my desk started receiving email(s). I checked the BESx console and sure enough these phone that I didn't wipe were now working with the BESx!!

So somehow these phones auto migrated to the new server.

Another weird happening: The plan we moved to said OTA wasn't possible with BESx but it worked just fine. Must have been my lucky day
Old 09-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
sniffs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I ran into the same thing between 2 BES, old 4.1 and a new 5.0 on 2 separate DB's!!

I was calling individual users who were on the 4.1, wiping and reactivating on the 5.0 until I started seeing their accounts magically fill in the blanks and activate on the 5.0 server.

According to RIM, this and your issue are not possible, yet it's WORKING.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
maru3445

Model: 8900
Carrier: ATT

Yeah, A&TT and RIM both said it wasn't possible. I'm just curious as to if the phones that auto migrated are going to stop working at some point
Old 09-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
sniffs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Mine have been working for a few months now..