Old 10-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Dominator2010

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Terstra
Default Ring & vibrate stops with screen touched

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys,

I have a Storm 9550 and am having trouble setting the ring tone & vibrate not to turn off when the screen is pressed. It’s super sensitive, I actually don’t even have to press the screen down to a click, just brushing my finger (or clothing in my pocket) will turn off all ring alerts.

Has anyone encountered this?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
TylerBoneZJoneZ
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: INK
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator2010 View Post
Hey guys,

I have a Storm 9550 and am having trouble setting the ring tone & vibrate not to turn off when the screen is pressed. It’s super sensitive, I actually don’t even have to press the screen down to a click, just brushing my finger (or clothing in my pocket) will turn off all ring alerts.

I have the same problem as well, I guess its just something in the programing, I guess there for a reason?
Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Maybe this will help.

The following is a list of options used to configure the touch screen on the BlackBerry® Storm smartphone. To configure these options go to Options and then Screen/Keyboard.

Tap Interval
Tap Interval, measured in milliseconds, refers to the maximum amount of time that can elapse between each consecutive tap in a double-tap or triple-tap gesture. In this way, Tap Interval is very similar to double-click speed on a computer. For example, if Tap Interval is set to 100 milliseconds, a second tap must land within 100 milliseconds of the first tap for it to be successfully recognized as a double-tap gesture.

Hover Period
Hover Period is also measured in milliseconds. Hover Period determines the amount of time you need to touch the screen, without clicking it, for a hover event. For example, if this is set to 500 milliseconds then you must touch the screen for 500 milliseconds before it is recognized as a hover event.

Swipe Sensitivity
Swipe Sensitivity changes the responsiveness for swipe events when sliding your finger on the screen. For example, setting this field to 6 will make it easier to show or hide the keyboard or to go from picture to picture using a swipe of the finger.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
Kopter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator2010 View Post
Hey guys,

but... isn't this a GOOD thing? I mean the ring/vibrate clearly alerts you that you are receiving a call (etc) as evidenced by the fact that you brush your finger across the screen. So it does it's job...

right?

My storm2 requires a rather significant screen push; often more than once... to be silenced. Kind of aggravating when on the train/around others.
Closed Thread