Old 01-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Sandy S

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 3
Default Facebook/internet connection problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hey,

I am the least technical person in the world and could really do with some help from you good people on here

I have a blackberry 9000 on 3G wi-fi

For some reason lately I have had the following error messages:

When trying to go into the facebook application: "A connection cannot be established to the facebook server"

I can get onto google ok and results do load, but when I click on a search result I get: "there is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later"

Twitter; "there is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later"

You tube from my browser: "A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider"

If I try to send a photo to facebook I get: "A connection cannot be established to the facebook server"

Things used to work fine, it has only been in the last few days things have been different, though I am at home doing nothing differently.

I read somewhere to take the facebook application off and reload it, but how do I do that and surely this won’t fix the problem for all of the above?

I would be really grateful for any help you can give me..
Thanks
Old 01-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Facebook/internet connection problem

Does it happen both when connected via the mobile network (3G) as well as when on wifi? Or just on one mode and not when using the other? If just on one mode and not the other, then which one?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 01-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Sandy S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Does it happen both when connected via the mobile network (3G) as well as when on wifi? Or just on one mode and not when using the other? If just on one mode and not the other, then which one?
Hey, thanks for your question.. I have tested and taken off wifi and left mobile network on, straight to error messages. I have taken off mobile network and left wifi on, straight to error message. As it was before with both wifi and mobile network, it thinks about it for a little while before chucking out the error messages..
Old 01-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

So you are having similar connection issues with apps and with the browser ... Have you tried a hard reset yet? Even if you have, do it again. Before you do, clear your browser cache and cookies. Then, With the power on, remove the battery. Usually you would wait at least 30 seconds, but wait two minutes or so this time. Then test.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
Sandy S

Quote:
So you are having similar connection issues with apps and with the browser ... Have you tried a hard reset yet? Even if you have, do it again. Before you do, clear your browser cache and cookies. Then, With the power on, remove the battery. Usually you would wait at least 30 seconds, but wait two minutes or so this time. Then test.

Hi sorry like I said, I am the least techy person ever, so, sorry but can you please tell me how to do a 'hard reset'? Will it cause me to lose my address book or personal saved information? Clear my browser cache and cookies.. Again, I'm so sorry but can you confirm how I do this? I will then remove the battery as you say.. Thanks so much for your help
Old 01-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

A battery pull with the power on is a hard reset. As I wrote, you need to wait at least 30 seconds before replacing the battery. It corrects most weird BlackBerry behavior. You will not lose any data because of it.

Later on, when you think you need to do a hard reset, try a soft reset by simultaneously pressing the alt, right caps, and delete keys at the same time. That may fix the problem. If not, then do a hard reset.

But for now clear the browser cache and cookies and do a hard reset, and wait a good minute or two with battery out, and let's see if that fixes the problem you are having now.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
Sandy S

Right cleared cache and cookies, done a hard reset, will make a cup of tea and let you know shortly Thanks
Old 01-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Fingers crossed
Old 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
Sandy S

Hey,

Twitter: Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider"
Facebook: Still waiting :/
Old 01-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I'm wondering if you are connecting to the RIM/BlackBerry network. Take a look at the following:

KB02334-Network status indicators from the GSM/GPRS/EDGE/3G networks

Check your network status indicator. What do you see? Are you connecting to the RIM/BlackBerry system?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
Sandy S

Quote:
I'm wondering if you are connecting to the RIM/BlackBerry network. Take a look at the following:

KB02334-Network status indicators from the GSM/GPRS/EDGE/3G networks

Check your network status indicator. What do you see? Are you connecting to the RIM/BlackBerry system?
Hey,

Yep, I have the little symbol and all four bars lit up.. Texting and calling, all other funtions working properly..
Old 01-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #12
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Little symbol? You see 3G with the BlackBerry logo symbol when using the mobile network?

Last edited by aiharkness; 01-17-2011 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 AM   #13
Sandy S

Quote:
Little symbol? You see 3G with the BlackBerry logo symbol when using the mobile network?
It has 3G, the little signal symbol, all bars are lit up, and underneath it has the wifi logo..

I have just spoken to my service provider 3, and they are calling me back tomorrow with some settings or something that hopefully will get me back on track.. So I think the problem is my network opposed to the blackberry. I will post just to confirm tomorrow.. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me aiharkness
S
Old 01-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #14
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Are you seeing 4 dots next to 3G or are you just seeing 3G?

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread