Old 02-25-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
alfiefan

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Dunno
Default Regarding connecting to the internet

Please Login to Remove!

Hello

I acquired a blackberry torch a few days ago. I previously used a Sony Eriksson phone, the P1i.

On the p1i, one of my friends enabled phoned my Service Provider, and got them to activate GPRS on my SIM (we are not in contact, anymore, so I am not too sure how he did it, I believe it involved him sending them an sms and then speaking to someone on the phone and getting them to activate it). Therefore, I could browse websites and chat (on the device, I used Opera Mini for browsing and e-buddy to chat).

I'm using the same SIM with the Torch, but whenever I try to use the Browser/Facebook, it tells me that it cannot connect, and to please 'Contact' my 'Service Provider.'

Any help would be VASTLY appreciated! I'm sorry if there is not enough information given, though, if there is anything else I need to answer, please let me know.

I'm not from the US btw, I'm from Asia

Thanks!

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Default Re: Regarding connecting to the internet

You need a blackberry data plan.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 03-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Regarding connecting to the internet

Call up Dunno and ask them about BlackBerry data plans.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off