Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 04:59 AM   #1
dimitrik

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F1FEE0
Carrier: Orange France
Default Problem with Mailstreet

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, wondering if anoyone here can help me.

I have a hosted exchange account with mailstreet and use their blackberry service. I have been having a problem where emails and changes to calendars/tasks/contacts are taking forever to appear on my blackberry.

On the other hand, when I make a change on the blackberry itself, the change is alsmost immediate on my exchange account. For a very brief moment in time, when I was on the phone with their support techs, everything seemed to be working, then 10 mins later the same thing. Sometimes email don't even reach me.

I created a task on the exchange server over 30mins ago, still it hasn't shown up. Can anyone offer any help or explanations? I'm on Orange France and email sent to my BIS account pops up immediately so I don't think it can be their service.

I have recently installed the Bhati software on my 8700f. Could that be causing the problems? I though about going back to the original software from Orange but unfortunately I can't seem to find it anywhere to download!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, D
Old 03-09-2006, 05:37 AM   #2
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I have Mailstreet as well and use their BES. For approximately the last month, between 10am and 5pm EST I experience delays in processing that range anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour (20 minutes is more typical).

While the delays are ongoing during work hours, one of the symptoms is that my email will come through in groups of 3 or 4.

During the off hours my email delivery is nearly instant.

During regular work hours I can PIN myself and/or send email to my [email address] address instantly.

I've called them probably 4 or 5 times on this issue and all times they've denied a problem.

I have a friend on Mailstreet using a different wireless carrier, and last I checked he was experiencing the same thing.

I would urge you to open a support ticket with Mailstreet (phone seems to be the best way to do this).
Old 03-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
dimitrik

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F1FEE0
Carrier: Orange France

Well I will try giving them a call again today. When I was talking to them yesterday, they rebooted the server I'm on, don't know if it did anything.

Does anyone use a different host that works well? Also if I switch exchange host, do I have to do anything particular to my blackberry before activating it with a new host? Can you remove an activation from the blackberry?

Thanks, D
Old 03-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

I doubt that it has a thing to do with it, but on 4-5 occasions yesterday, I get multiple emails at one time. It seems my email was not coming thru as it is sent but all at one time every hour or so.

I am a webclient and never have this problem unless I am out of service for a while. This was not the reason yesterday. Late in the day I noticed that I had emails on my AOL account that had NOT been pushed to my device, some hours old, so I turned off my device and restarted and nothing. About 30 minutes later, here came the 4-5 emails that were sent hours ago and now being pushed to my device.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

I will say one thing. The server that runs this site is on steroids now!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

I can't say for sure that it's a Mailstreet problem, I've tried to diagnose it by looking to see that:

-PIN messages work (they do - and instantly)
-Tmo email works (it does and instantly though am not constantly testing)
-Sending works (it does and instantly)

I have tried to keep an eye open for any other Mailstreet users because usually if there is some type of slowdown, people will start posting.

With these delays, I know that sometimes they are in the "acceptable" range of 5 to 10 minutes --- which might be why some people don't notice.

My Exchange email is working perfectly -- so it's pretty easy to diagnose when there is going to be a slowdown. It's almost like clockwork that as soon as the time is 10:00am EST the emails gradually slow. By noon time they can be 30 to 40 minutes lagging. They'll typically stay that way until about 5-ish. By 6 or 7 the emails are generally real time. This occurs on days that I receive lots of emails and days when I get hardly any.

Very frustrating.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:06 PM   #7
arche3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon

I am on Mailstreet. I have a trouble ticket on this problem. I have spoken to the lead BES tech. they have a BES server that is also running a goodlink service. RIM told them that they need to remove the goodlink from the same server because both are trying to access some file that both needs at the same time. Mail street was going to remove and reprovision the goodlink somewhere else. but it hasnt happened yet. Im about to call them again. its upsetting to me as well. they r moving slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru
I can't say for sure that it's a Mailstreet problem, I've tried to diagnose it by looking to see that:

-PIN messages work (they do - and instantly)
-Tmo email works (it does and instantly though am not constantly testing)
-Sending works (it does and instantly)

I have tried to keep an eye open for any other Mailstreet users because usually if there is some type of slowdown, people will start posting.

With these delays, I know that sometimes they are in the "acceptable" range of 5 to 10 minutes --- which might be why some people don't notice.

My Exchange email is working perfectly -- so it's pretty easy to diagnose when there is going to be a slowdown. It's almost like clockwork that as soon as the time is 10:00am EST the emails gradually slow. By noon time they can be 30 to 40 minutes lagging. They'll typically stay that way until about 5-ish. By 6 or 7 the emails are generally real time. This occurs on days that I receive lots of emails and days when I get hardly any.

Very frustrating.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #8
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

This has been going on the last month.

Every time I've called I instantly get the "nope, we're not having a problem".

I too have opened tickets and attempted to followup - every inquiry has led to denials on their end that there is a problem. This is the first that I've read that indicates that Mailstreet has suggested the problem is on their end.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #9
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Do you have a ticket # to reference?
Old 03-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
stripesace
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

exchangemymail.com - The service is unbeatable, and its always up. If theres even a hint of a problem David is on the phone or instantantly responding to your email. I bought a new blackberry on a weekend and sent an email as i was heading to the store to get it. He emails me back RIGHT AWAY saying my BES password has been reset for the new blackberry!!!!
I reccomend exchangemymail to anyone who uses outlook, OR has a blackberry.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #11
stoxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripesace
exchangemymail.com - The service is unbeatable, and its always up. If theres even a hint of a problem David is on the phone or instantantly responding to your email. I bought a new blackberry on a weekend and sent an email as i was heading to the store to get it. He emails me back RIGHT AWAY saying my BES password has been reset for the new blackberry!!!!
I reccomend exchangemymail to anyone who uses outlook, OR has a blackberry.
I agree.. Last weekend I nuked my 8700 and put the new OS on it. I emailed exchangemymail for a new BES password at about 12am their time. Sun morn I got a reply with a new password. These guys are awesome. I was on Mailstreet before, and I switched within a month. I was always having connection problem from my desktop to the server. Sometimes it would take over 5min to connect. Now with Exchangemymail it is connected right away.
There Tech Support is AWESOME! They dont make you feel like an idiot for asking questions that some would consider stupid
Old 03-10-2006, 01:17 AM   #12
Arnie

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

I have been having similar problems with Mailstreet. Delays in e-mails arriving on my Blackberry and e-mails arriving in groups. After a number of calls to support, Mailstreet moved me to another server. This seemed to resolve the BB delays, but I ended up having delays sending mail to other users (up to 17 hours). I decided to try another hosting company (ExchangeMyMail). I've only been up and running for a day, no problems so far, and support was excellent.

I had to cancel my previous BB account before I could activate the new one.

Arnie
Old 03-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Mailstreet has generally been very reliable. I never have a problem getting through to a technical support representative. I've been with them about 2 years and this is the first time I can remember having an issue that has been a problem on their end.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #14
phrider

Model: 9812
PIN: 6.02214179E23
Carrier: TMO US

mas90guru, that's been my experience with Mailstreet support as well -- that they're on top of any support issue.

Confounding things, the connection between T-Mobile and Blackberry had a bad day in the last week, so that may have confused the diagnosis for a day or two.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #15
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Not sure what's up with them.

Conversation about 2 minutes ago:

"Is there a trouble ticket on this"
"No"
"Do you know when you'll issue one"
"No, we'll call you back"..click
Old 03-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #16
arche3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: verizon

for what it's worth... I just talked to the tech at mailstreet. she IM'd the blkbry tech Tom and he said the server that my BES sits on is getting a service pack 4 installed within the next 2 weeks. he thinks this will fix the problem of delayed emails for BES users. what is sp4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru
Not sure what's up with them.

Conversation about 2 minutes ago:

"Is there a trouble ticket on this"
"No"
"Do you know when you'll issue one"
"No, we'll call you back"..click
Old 03-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #17
DuckWingDuck
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3
what is sp4?
Service Pack 4. Service Pack for Windows or BES, I do not know.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #18
Knocka

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

I have been using Mailstreet for several years and have found them to be terrific...until recently. Over the last few months, I have noticed a lot more impatience with the tech support people. I believe that Mailstreet merged with another company, and is now much larger. It is my suspicion that this accounts for the recent change.

I do not have the problem with delayed emails that others are experiencing, and I must also add that while I sense some impatience, Mailstreet tech support does generally resolve the issue.

BTW, I believe the Service Pack 4 update is or BES.

Knocka
Old 03-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #19
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Agree with your assessment - there have been a few times where I had someone take a message instead of talking to a tech. Their followup has slipped as well.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #20
mrod7280
Thumbs Must Hurt

Here is the response I received from Mailstreet:

We're working on this issue. We expect to fix this soon. We plan to install sp4 for BES 4.0 within the next week or two. This should fix the issue.
Closed Thread