Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
MI_BB_TECH
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon
Question GroupWise BES Corner?

Please Login to Remove!

The members of our support team here really love this site as it has provided many solutions to our problems. Its always nice to read the posts and realize that you are NOT crazy because someone, somewhere, is having the same problem that you are.

We are however wondering how much interest there would be in making it easier for us GroupWise guys to find solutions to our problems by having the Admins here set up a BES GroupWise Corner. We know that we're in the minority here but as it stands right now we have to sort through a lot of stuff to find answers to GroupWise problems.

As I said... not bashing the site... you guys/gals do a great job... just looking for an easier way to sort through it all.

Any GW BES people feel the same way?

Happy Wednesday!!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
hannahkat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell

There's so few of us, we may find it a bit lonely

I've found an answer for almost every issue or problem here on this site - it has been and continues to be invaluable. I think the BES Admin Corner is OK, and the search tool fills in the gap - but I'll join you if a GW corner gets made!
Old 03-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

We've discussed it before and some of the problems are this...

For one, if we split groupwise, then we have to split exchange, notes, BIS and other. That turns the architecture section into not two, but 5 or more separate forums. We try to keep the main page as clutter free as possible with the arrangements we have with sponsors and others. It would be quite a lengthy page to scroll to look for your particular forum if we split things up so diversely.

Secondly... While groupwise, exchange and notes are all different platforms, they sometimes share a lot of the same problems. We find it more beneficial to leave all BES-related questions in the same forum, whether GW/EXCH/NOTES so all users can benefit from the answers. Questions such as activation questions, software distribution and even some log file questions are mostly universal, regardless of email platform. Would you rather search 4 separate forums for an answer or one?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

you could always just open up BES Admin Corner, click on the 'Search this Forum' drop-down at the top right of the forum outline, and then type in Groupwise. it more or less serves as a filter.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:41 PM   #5
Gareth.Hooper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodacom

I Agree, Open a Groupwise Corner.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
MI_BB_TECH

Lightbulb GroupWise Corner part 2

You know....

Being the "newbie" that I am, about 30 seconds after I posted that.. I said to myself "Self.... they probably wouldn't want to do that because then everyone else would want a corner of their own too"!

I agree we have found several fixes to our problems that were being experienced by our Exchange, and Domino brothers... I guess I'm just lazy and would like to see them seperate to make the searches easier...

I will continue to use the site because it is such a great resource because as I said it helps to know that you're not crazy because someone other than yourself is having the exact same problem you are...
Old 03-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
MI_BB_TECH

Post almost forgot....

Almost forgot my response to Jibi....

I agree and understand about the search function but we were having issues with 7100i's activating last week and found nothing doing a "GroupWise" search.... One of the good people on the site referred us to a similar post about Cingular 8700c's and Domino? (at least I think it was) and as it turned out it cured our 7100i problem...

Happy Trails!
Closed Thread