Old 05-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
ericl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon
Default 7130e suddenly slowed down

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Folks,

My 7130e has suddenly started to slow down and to drain the battery more quickly. Its almost like some program is running in the background and sucking CPU cycles and battery power. The amount of "slowness" varies from time to time and sometimes even goes away. I notice it when I try to type an email or enter a phone number or switch from one app to the next. For example when typing, I can key in 5-7 characters, wait a second or two and THEN they will show up on screen. Very weird. The only recent changes I can think of are that I upgraded to BIS 2.0 and sent the service books. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 05-04-2006, 04:08 AM   #2
fliggie

Oddly enough, mine started doing this yesterday as well. I thought it was because I added Google maps yesterday. I kept getting the little hour glass for the first time since I updated the software. I took googlemaps off late last night b/c of this.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
ericl

I have had google maps installed since it first came out.... it never caused a problem before. It ha been on a couple of months prior to the problem starting. Sigh! Anyone else have ideas?
Old 05-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
mrchun

Model: Storm

When mine starts to get the 'hourglass slowdown' I simply pull the battery for twenty or so seconds... seems to do the trick. Also, go into the event log (alt LGLG) and select 'Clear Log'. This will free up some memory.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
ericl

Thanks for the advice... I didn't even know that log was there.
Closed Thread