Old 08-15-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
remlle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: 31AE881B
Carrier: Sprint
Default Newbie questions

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all I have to say I was sceptical of the Blackberry when i first looked at them and started researching them. I Thought they would be a nice tool for buisness execs and people who have to have instant e-mail notes but not for me. I have to say Im addicted I love mine. I have a sprint bb 7130e and cant put the thing down. I have a couple questions Im hoping someoen can help me with and hopefully someone has done this before.

My company has a BES but wont let me on their server because they did not issue me the bb. oh well no biggie. I know I Can forward e-mail to my device in other ways. I have an outside e-mail set up currently with sprint.blackberry.com but I Want my work e-mail on my device as well it is lotus notes. and I Want to use the blackberry redirector for my home e-mail. so lets start with problem 1

1 how do I get my work e-mail on my bb with out being on thier server.

2 I Wanted to get my e-mail from my home comptuer systems on my bb as well and I thought I woudl be able to do it with the blackberry redirector but its not working. i installed it 2 times and does the same thing on both times. it loads and comes up but says in the status window "varifying forwarding address" never goes past that. any ideas? maybe a step by step for a rookie noobie?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

1) install mail connector on your home computer - or have your IT enable POP/IMAP access and set it up using that criteria

2) Redirector was only made for Exchange accounts and therefore is only supported for use w/ these - if your home address is not on an Exchange look into your Spirnt BIS site and set it up there
Old 08-15-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle
1 how do I get my work e-mail on my bb with out being on thier server.
If your Notes server has either POP or IMAP services enabled then you can use the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) to setup the synchronization. The BIS is the same Website that you would have used to create your sprint.blackberry.com email address.

If you do not have POP or IMAP access then you can setup an auto-forward so that every email that arrives at work is also forwarded to your sprint.blackberry.com address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle
2 I Wanted to get my e-mail from my home comptuer systems on my bb as well ...
Again ... at home you, most likely, use POP to access your email; this can be configured directly through the BIS Website. Otherwise, an auto-forward will work. In my experience the Redirector is far clunkier to use than is worthwhile.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #4
Sakman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
PIN: 32B1EB46
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhutchison
If you do not have POP or IMAP access then you can setup an auto-forward so that every email that arrives at work is also forwarded to your sprint.blackberry.com address.
If your company is anything like mine, the ability to auto-forward work e-mail to an external address, i.e. sprint.blackberry.com, has been turned off. I tried it and none of the e-mail came through. I found an interesting article a while back explaining why they do it. If I can find it again I will post.
Closed Thread