BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
capngeno

Model: 7100g on order
Default Physical differences 7100 t, g, x, etc

Please Login to Remove!

Can't seem to find via many forum & site searches a comparison of the physical form factor differences of the various 7100 models beyond length, width & height.

I'm awaiting delivery of a new Cingular 7100g, and have been reading the posts about the crappy holster that comes with it, along with the many great links to case vendors (thanks!!). Finding lots of cases "designed" for the 't' and 'r', but almost nothing (yet) for the 'g' since its new i guess.

Anyway, do some taper more along their length than the others? Anyone know? I did find a handy compare function at:

http://www.blackberry.com/compare/

(that y'all probably already know about) that yielded the following comparison:

Device Specifications BlackBerry 7100t BlackBerry 7100r BlackBerry 7100g
Size and Weight
Length 4.7" / 11.9cm 4.7" / 11.9cm 4.6" / 11.7cm
Width 2.3" / 5.8cm 2.3" / 5.8cm 2.3" / 5.9 cm
Depth 0.8" / 1.9cm 0.8" / 1.9cm 0.8" / 2.1 cm
Weight 4.2oz / 120g 4.2oz / 120g 4.2oz / 120g

but some of the pictures would lead you to believe there may be a slightly different SHAPE, which only would likely be significant if I was to spring for a spendy custom case - this is the one that's catching my eye:
http://www1.vajacases.com/images/sma...rry_7100t.html

(GULP) anyone have one?

enough for now....

thanks much for any thoughts (even if i'm worrying about something that isn't an issue !!). i've spent probably a dozen hours pouring through these forums, and you guys that post answers to tough AND EASY questions (even if its a redirect to an answer already posted but difficult for some of us dummies to find), you are a TREASURE !!!

STILL HUNG OVER FROM MY RECENT TREO 650 EXPERIENCE - GLITZY DEVICE, AND I'LL MISS IT, BUT NOW I WANT MEAT AND POTATOES !!!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

The 7100t and r do have a different shape than the 7100g, but it is not a HUGE difference.

I reccomend going to a mall that has both a T-mo and another carrier store and compare them yourself.

Zro
Old 03-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
Darkstar

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default T-Mobile 7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zro
The 7100t and r do have a different shape than the 7100g, but it is not a HUGE difference.
I reccomend going to a mall that has both a T-mo and another carrier store and compare them yourself.

Zro
I agree with Zro. I didn't check out the T-Mobile version and it was smaller than I had anticipated. Once I got used to it I will be very sad indeed to part with it but nothing can compare to a physical comparison at a retailer.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:56 PM   #4
Eric5273
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cingular

Vaja cases fit like a glove, so I would definately NOT expect a 7100t vaja case to fit a 7100g.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
capngeno

Model: 7100g on order
Question Exploring Vaja case for 7100g

Thanks for the replies, gang. As I expected, a small difference could be a big deal with cases like the Vaja, but probably not with more generic holster cases.

I've contacted Vaja as I continue to be drawn to their style and function (super slim), in spite of the price tag and lead time. I've asked them if they can make a case for my 'g'. When I find out, I'll post that info. Only draw back is no "sleep mode" support since its not a holster. Not sure if that's a big deal or not, as long as the screen goes dark after 30 or 45 seconds, are there other reasons why I should give this consideration more weight?

Thanks again.