Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #1
pinballwiz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default CallerID and Address Book

Please Login to Remove!

We have an issue here with our GroupWise BES. When someone gets a call on their BB from our company, the caller ID information shows a particular user. This users name has the business phone number as part of his directory entry.

My theory is that when a call comes in, the BB goes down the list alphabetically and displays the first directory entry it finds associated with that number.

So what I did for this user, was create a phone book entry of '_company' with our company phone number, thinking that _company would come up whenever a call comes in from the business.

This did work, but something happened, and now the same user name comes up whenever calls come in from the company.

Is there anything I can do so that our company name comes up when calls come in from the company?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 11-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
pinballwiz

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

<bump>

No one here can help with this?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
punkinwing

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Not sure what you're looking for.. You say yje _company entry works but then you say it doesn't... ????
Caller ID can be different from your company's PBX.. We have a default of our primary number, but some users phones have a class of service that specifies the direct DID number to be sent..
Old 11-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
Krissy

Model: 8100!
Carrier: Rogers

I don't think what you're experiencing has anything to do with the BES. Sounds like a problem reading the address book directly on the handheld. I have heard reports internally off and on about the same thing. You might want to move your post to the General forums.
Closed Thread