Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
mbn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: at&t
Default Webclient Service book 'disallowed'

Please Login to Remove!

My BES Admins were playing with the policies today on the BES 4.0 and this evening I noticed my Webclient service book is 'disallowed'. It has a circle with a line through it- all the other service books have a check next to it.

I'm on the phonw with Cingular- the rep is escalating it to RIM but it might be as simple as a toggle switch on a policy on the BES that my admin checked/unchecked by mistake. Anyone know of the specific policy on BES 4.0 that would disallow my webclient service book or not allow me to send emails using the webclient?

Many thanks- this board is invaluable!

FYI - we've deleted the service book and resent it a number of times already - no dice.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:00 AM   #2
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Not sure on the actual policy setting, but that is what happened. I think the policy is something like "allow only Desktop service books"....but my wording could be very wrong.

And since it is an IT policy, only way to get rid of it is to overwrite it with a new service book.

Zro
Old 03-25-2005, 12:05 AM   #3
mbn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: at&t

Thanks- since there are something like 250 policy settings to change in 4.0, I really need to tell my admin guys what to look for specifically.

And do you mean that once the policy setting is changed, I need to delete the old service book and send a new one?

Thanks,
Closed Thread