BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
RocketNJ

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextsmell
Default Moto IHF1000 car kit and 7250 working fine - VOICE DIALING!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

Just installed my Moto IHF1000 BT car kit today and paired it with my 7250. All is working well. The 20 name contact list in the car kit is nice and allows storing of 20 contacts for dialing by name. Also supported is number dialing where you speak the number you want dialed then say dial. The voice commands were a feature I missed from my MotoV710. At least with the car kit I can dial numbers and a 20 member contact list using voice commands.

The 7250 is also paired with my HS810.

George
Old 04-12-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
JonDeutsch

How's the voice quality on the receiving end? I installed my IHF1000 in my car last month, and while I can hear people very well, people claim they cannot hear me too well.

When I called myself on my voicemail system using my carkit, my voice sounded very warbly and compressed -- as if the noise reduction circuitry was overcompensating somehow.

This is my second IHF1000, so I'm pretty sure it's not a dud unit. Just wondering how your voice quality is to others, and if you could provide me a sample of yours, and even shots of where you have your mic, etc., that'd be helpful.

Thanks,
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketNJ
Hi All,

Just installed my Moto IHF1000 BT car kit today and paired it with my 7250. All is working well. The 20 name contact list in the car kit is nice and allows storing of 20 contacts for dialing by name. Also supported is number dialing where you speak the number you want dialed then say dial. The voice commands were a feature I missed from my MotoV710. At least with the car kit I can dial numbers and a 20 member contact list using voice commands.

The 7250 is also paired with my HS810.

George
Old 04-12-2005, 12:46 PM   #3
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

I edited the topic title to show "VOICE DIALING" because this is a feature many people think is sorely missing from BlackBerry. Gets more attention.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 04-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
RocketNJ

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextsmell

Just an update on the IHF1000/7250 combo.

Receive is fine but people have stated my audio is "loud, harsh, and tinny". I received feedback from Moto to relocate the mic which I'll do later this week and report back.

Other than that it seems to be working fine.

One other thing I'm going to do tomorrow is follow up with Verizoff. They were supposed to start a new voice dialing feature in which you dial a number (probably 3 digits then #) then speak the name and it would call that person. Supposed to have more than enough storage for all your numbers. I'll report back tomorrow once I find out more.

Dave
Old 05-12-2005, 10:02 PM   #5
joseburgos

Model: 7520
Default Is there a trick

I just got my IHF1000.
It pairs fine but that is all it does.
Do I have to have a specail version of blackberry firmware?
7520 and it is brand new as well (just joined the Blackberry world).

Thanks in advance,
Jose Burgos
Old 02-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
go2duke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Anybody tried this with an 8700...? Anymore updates on the voice clarity.

-G2D
Old 02-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

The 8700 works with the ihf 1000 perfectly fine with one exception... the incoming calls need to be answered by pressing the answer button on the BB itself. the 8700 has an intermittent issue with transfering the audio to the car kit when calls are answered via the car kit key pad. All other functions like voice dial, voice digit dial and speed dial work fine.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot

Last edited by rcg; 02-09-2006 at 03:33 AM..
Old 02-09-2006, 03:39 AM   #8
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

one thing to keep in mind with Bluetooth kits (not just the moto kit) is that they are subject to radio interference at 2.4gHz. One of the signs of interference is poor audio (warbled voice / compressed sounding). Some vehicles can also produce sympathetic interference at other frequencies that can modulate into a car kit.

So the symptoms that Jon talked about above can sometime be remedied by installing the kit's brain in different position or location in a vehicle.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 03-14-2006, 08:08 PM   #9
soffmore

Model: 7100I
Carrier: nextel
Default IHF-1000 and 7100I, warbly voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDeutsch
How's the voice quality on the receiving end? I installed my IHF1000 in my car last month, and while I can hear people very well, people claim they cannot hear me too well.

When I called myself on my voicemail system using my carkit, my voice sounded very warbly and compressed -- as if the noise reduction circuitry was overcompensating somehow.

This is my second IHF1000, so I'm pretty sure it's not a dud unit. Just wondering how your voice quality is to others, and if you could provide me a sample of yours, and even shots of where you have your mic, etc., that'd be helpful.

Thanks,
Jon
I've had the exact same experience with the IHF-1000 and the 7100I.

I tried swapping out the main module, mic, and dash board controller and nothing has made the unit work properly.

Everything about the system works fine, great voice recognition, incoming voices are clear, but people complain about the quality of the out going voice.
My voice sounds very warbly and compressed.

I've actually stopped using the IHF-1000, and will probably switch to a different type of phone to make use of the handsfree feature. Its to bad, I like both products but they don't seem to work together.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #10
Miro47
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e

Anyone used with 7130e? I am very interested in this bluetooth product and would like to know if it works with my BB.
Thanks for any comments/
Old 03-18-2006, 10:42 AM   #11
PCW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Warbly and Compressed audio issue

I hope this isn't too off-topic, as I believe it relates to the underlining complaint in this thread. Perhaps one of the mobile install experts reading this can offer some advice. I'm wondering if this problem is a noise-cancelling thing inherent with CDMA systems or is it a BlueTooth RF interference problem? Here's why...

My wife's brand new Motorola E815 and the Motorola HFK full-install carkit (not a BlueTooth carkit, just the standard, hardwired model provided by Verizon online), exhibits the same audio characteristics described by the previous posters. Her outgoing audio, while the phone is operating in the handsfree kit, is sometimes choppy and compressed, as if the beginnings and ends of syllables are missing some digital artifacts (bits and pieces).

Other times, the audio is fine. There is no consistency or pattern that we can trace to something like a weak signal area, etc. We've experimented with different microphone locations, but that doesn't help much, as the microphone's distance from her face doesn't change alot.

I'd love to hear some feedback from others with experience with this issue before I plop down the money for a Bluetooth carkit for her 815. As for me, I'm stickin' with my trusty Blackberry 7250...
Old 04-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #12
Miro47
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e

I also would like to know how the IHF-1000 works with the 7130e. If anyone has that combo and feedback would be appreciated. Specifically how the voice dialing works. If it does not work then the lower model IHF seems to make more sense. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:55 AM   #13
bconrey

Model: 8110
Carrier: AT&T

I had an IHF1000 in my car for about a year, using it first with a Motorola V710, then Blackberry 7100t and now a 7130e. Functionality was fantastic, I couldn't have been happier - voice dial-by-number, voice dial-by-speed-dial-number, 20 voice tags stored in the IHF itself (since we know the blackberry units don't have voice tags!).

Unfortunately I had two major complaints: 1) audio was reasonable at slow speeds but inadequate at freeway speeds, even at full volume. Granted, I mounted the speaker where it would fit and wouldn't be seen, and that ended up being just to the right of the driver's feet, but my Infiniti isn't some 40 year old bomber with more holes in the floorboard than the radiator...

....and 2)sound quality for those who were on the other end of my calls. Mic placement might have had something to do with that - on the A pillar generally pointing towards the other side of the car - but it also seemed to wrestle with its own noise-cancelling; sometimes it felt similar to a half-duplex speakerphone scenario.

I switch to a Parrot CK3100 Evolution just a couple weeks ago. I lost almost all that functionality - all the dialing has to be done on the BB itself - but it's now integrated into my car's audio system (fixing problem #1 completely) and resolving #2 as well. As a matter of fact, I called my wife the other day at freeway speed with the sunroof open, and she couldn't even tell.

Of course, YMMV, but I'm glad I finally plugged in something else.

Brian
Closed Thread