BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
sactoroy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: P
Carrier: T
Question Upgrade Issues from 7100T to 8100 (T-Mobile)?

Please Login to Remove!

I currently have a 7100T and am very happy with it however the $149.99 upgrade offer is too attractive to pass up. I haven't kept up with this forum and after trying to read as many threads as I could, I'm on information overload. I am wondering about any issues with upgrading from a data standpoint. I'm using MS Outlook for my address book, calendar, email, etc. along with Yahoo so I get email on my 7100 from both. I would assume that the transition would be seemless but am I wrong? Are there any other upgrade issues I should be aware of?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
cristian1la
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactoroy
I currently have a 7100T and am very happy with it however the $149.99 upgrade offer is too attractive to pass up. I haven't kept up with this forum and after trying to read as many threads as I could, I'm on information overload. I am wondering about any issues with upgrading from a data standpoint. I'm using MS Outlook for my address book, calendar, email, etc. along with Yahoo so I get email on my 7100 from both. I would assume that the transition would be seemless but am I wrong? Are there any other upgrade issues I should be aware of?
I went from a 7100t to the 8100 and I love it. Problem is that I payed near retail price, but that is a different story. I am pretty sure you'll love it.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #3
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactoroy
Got the 7100t when it first came out and did so with the Pearl too.

Have not looked back. The Pearl makes my two 7100t's look like things on the sidewalk when people have failed to clean up after their dogs, if you get my drift.

I told three of my friends who had 7100t's about the Pearl, they all bought the Pearl too. All of them are happy campers.

There have not been any issues significant enough to cause me to lament the purchase nor to go back to the 7100t's that are in a cabinet as back-up phones.
Closed Thread