BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
toy4x4

Default Help with Outlook Setup w/ BES

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, finally got connected to the BES server and have Outlook syncing with the Blackberry. Here is what I'm thinking I want to do:

They originally setup Outlook to leave the messages on the server. I previously had it downloading to a .pst on the laptop. I really want to continue doing this instead of leaving it on the server. That way most of the messages I will get on the Blackberry will be sent when I have email shutdown. When I have Outlook up, I am generally at the PC and don't care what goes to the Blackberry.

I can move the config of Outlook back to use the .pst, but my question comes in from a Calendar and Contact standpoint. I would prefer to leave these on the server to allow it to sync automatically with the Blackberry.

I could use intellesync, that's not a real problem, just forget to do it often. Anyone know how to move the email to a .pst and leave the calendar and contacts on the server?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Sounds like configuring Intellisync should do what you want, but I don't understand what you mean by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4x4
That way most of the messages I will get on the Blackberry will be sent when I have email shutdown.
Are you using the Desktop Redirector?
Old 04-13-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Wireless synchronization with a PST file configuration is not possible. The BES service account does not have permissions to access it, therefore you will not be able to send from your handheld. The BES accesses emails as they are delivered to your Exchange mailbox, therefore you will most likely still receive the messages to your handheld (for the most part) no matter if Outlook is open or not.