Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
linuxpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default THB Bury BlackBerry 8100 Pearl UNI Take&Talk Cradle + DSP

Please Login to Remove!

I have just finshed testing the THB Bury car kit for the 8100 and was astonished with the results, the speech quality is surprisingly very good for bluetooth connection also the cradle itself is robust and charges the phone without the addition of any extra cabling, It is truely the first fixed carkit i can recommend to anyone without any hesitation, Has anyone else tried it yet ?

Old 02-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
Chinookman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: Head....NOT!
Carrier: ATT

Discovery info for me but am on the road a lot so a link to the product would be sweet and appreciated......

Thanks

C-man
Old 02-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

I think he is talking about this one in this link: THB BURY Comfort Cradle Bluetooth Car Kit for Blackberry Pearl 8100 (0-02-36-0005-2) at MobileCityOnline.com

Old 02-11-2007, 12:35 AM   #4
bigdongers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100g
Carrier: Telstra

Heres a pic

System 8 Blackberry Handsfree Car Kits - Point to Point Technology
Old 02-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
linuxpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

yea thats it,

i couldn't get the pic to show for some reason

The sweet thing about this kit is when its installed and you change your handset you only need to change the cradle by pressing the button on top of it clip it of and clip on the new cradle

Old 02-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
Chinookman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: Head....NOT!
Carrier: ATT

Sweet thanks for the link I'll have to go read up on it......

C-man.....woo-hoo......lol..
Old 02-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #7
mike213735
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130v
Carrier: O2
Default THB Take n Talk

I bought one of these from Mobilefun.co.uk for my Pearl. I got fed up with buying a new cradle for a phne everytime I changed handset.
Now, as long as the phone I have supports Bluetooth, I can use the same cradle and just buy the new charging lead.

Take a look at mobilefun.co.uk/product/8238 to see what I mean.

I use it along with voice dialling and it works perfectly, even at 80mph on the motorway. The THB car kit routes the sound through the car speakers.

Thanks
Mike
Old 02-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #8
linuxpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Mike i have the cradle you have as well but the call quality is a lot better on the new 8100 cradle see THB UNI Take&Talk Cradle - BlackBerry 8100 'Pearl' also no need for any extra cables, i have also fitted an audio transfer loom to the back of the radio so it mutes it and routes the sound from the phone over the car radio. The downside to this cradle is as you say you have to buy a new one if you change the model of your phone, but itxxx8217;s a good point youxxx8217;re making

Old 02-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
geekdaddy

Carrier: Cingular
Default How do it know?

I looked at the photos, but don't understand how this product can charge the 8100 and route the antenna signals.

Can an owner of this kit explain how it works?

Thanks
Old 02-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #10
rkkeller
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Its just a cradle for your phone and plugs into the cigarette lighter and charges that way. It does NOT include the bluetooth handsfree kit or atleast the one someone pictured doesnt. You need that cradle AND the bluetooth handsfree kit.

I would probably get this instead, its all in one with adjustable holder so you can use this same device with multiple pphones without anything additional.

THB BURY TRENDTALK Hands-Free Bluetooth car kit (0-02-32-0001-2) at MobileCityOnline.com
Old 02-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #11
linuxpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

The first picture showing is misleading this cradle is part of a fixed car kit install see link THB Bury UNI CarTalk Base Unit with DSP Larger Image - eXpansys New Zealand then you add the cradle to suit your phone like THB UNI Take&Talk Cradle - BlackBerry 8100 'Pearl' which charges the phone and makes it hands free with Bluetooth if you look on the back of your pearl you will see 2 brass pins beside the button to take the battery door of this is used by the cradle to charge the 8100 also when its in the cradle it uses the external antenna for coverage though the back of the 8100 were the internal antenna is located, I have the other cradle that you recommended but have found problems with it the speech is not as good as the proper 8100 cradle THB UNI Take&Talk Cradle - BlackBerry 8100 'Pearl' this is the cradle to get if you respect your pearl (as everyone here does and cant live without it) sure itxxx8217;s a bit expensive but the fixed install will do you for life and all you have to do is replace the cradle when you get a new phone but itxxx8217;s worth every penny, especially since the 1st of march in the UK you get 3 points on your licence and Ł80.00 fine if caught using a phone without a handsfree kit while driving

Old 02-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #12
mike213735

Model: 7130v
Carrier: O2

rkkeller,

That is the cradle I have.
I bought it for exactly that reason, I got fed up with changing the cradle everytime I changed my phone.
If you look at the image in your link, there are two small usb type connectors on the top left hand side. You just buy the charging lead to suit your phone and plug it in.
This way you get the joy of a Bluetooth car kit, with the added bonus that your phone is charged too.

I have had this car kit for 2 years now (different cradles for different handsets) and I have noticed nothing wrong with the sound quality and people I call say that the Pearl is even clearer. They say it seems to "cancel out" any background noise?

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by mike213735; 02-18-2007 at 12:43 PM..
Closed Thread