BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
TJefferies
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Question (Office Communicator - OCWA Version) "Command Failed" on attempted sign-on?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys-
Just did a knife-edge cut-over from an older server to newer hardware and all is pretty much well with the world. I followed the instructions provided by RIM and everything pretty much "Just Worked (TM)". The two things that no longer work are the following:

1) I now have duplicate server entries in BB Mgr. Instead of just seeing 'https://OLDBESSERVER.domain.com:7443', 'OLDBESSERVER_MDS-CS_1', and 'OLDBESSERVER_BBIM_1' now I see all of those AND 'https://NEWBESSERVER.domain.com:7443', 'NEWBESSERVER_MDS-CS_2', and 'NEWBESSERVER_BBIM_2', even though the old server has been disabled. It's still turned on, but all BB services have been stopped and disabled. I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the server entries in BB Mgr however.

2) Office Communicator (the one what uses Web Access, not the one that uses TLS/TCP) now fails to connect. I'm using the 1.1.13 client which is the latest 'OC' version, released with 4.1 SP3. I've tried setting the options on the IM instance in BB Mgr to point to both the pool name and the server name of the OCWA server. OCWA itself is working flawlessly. When I attempt to connect with Enterprise Messenger, the device sends and receives for a second, then pops up with "Command Failed".

Anyone have any ideas? It used to connect, prior to the upgrade, using the pool name. My only thought is that it may have something to do with the duplicate server entries, but I've only got a vague idea that could be the case. I also may have forgotten one of the pre-reqs for BES <-> LCS integration, but am not sure.

All PIM and e-mail sync is working, MDS works, I can push applications using the new server with no problem. No other symptoms to speak of -- just the "Command Failed" when I try to use enterprise messenger. In my desperation, I did remove Enterprise Messenger from the BB and re-send the latest version from the server after doing a loader.exe /reindex just to make sure everything was updated and proper.. No dice.

Anyways, thanks for your help in advance!
Old 05-18-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
Chris_CH2M

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default (Office Communicator - OCWA Version) "Command Failed" on attempted sign-on?

I'm in the same boat. Getting "Command Failed" at logon attempts. BES 4.1.3, Office Communicator client, LCS 2005 with OCWA & AJAX installed. I can access communicator via the web interface from a PC on the ports assigned & have successfully validated my setup via RIM's communicator troubleshooting decision tree document (KB - 05460). If you get it fixed please advise. I'll do the same.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
miketp

Model: 7100V
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

I'm also trying to get the Enterprise Messenger to work (BES 4.1.4 Exchange 2003 LCS 2005 SP1) and get error "You have selected an invalid address" on the handset when I try to sign in.
I might be able to answer your duplicate entries problem though. I had the same, and had to remove BES from the old server with Add/Remove Programs, then in BB Manager, on the top level BlackBerry Domain entry, I was able to open the Service Control and Customisation menu on the right, and choose "Delete MDS Connection Service" and "Delete IM Service". In each of these, the old server was listed (it wasn't before I did the Add/Remove Programs) and could be deleted, then the old entries were gone.
Good luck.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
atisvt99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: VZW

I'm getting the same thing... Command Failed. Keeping an eye on this for now... :-/
Old 09-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
TJefferies
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default SOLVED: "Command Failed" on attempted sign-on.

OK! Fixed this problem a while back and thought I'd come back and check to see if anyone else fixed it, and if not, let everyone else know what our issue was.

Our problem was cert related. Everyone told me it was cert related, but I was following MS's best practices document in configuring it, so I assumed I had it correct. This was not the case. Here's the problem:

Best practices claim that you need to put the FQDN of the LCS server as the cert that is used for the LCS integration. This is not the case. As in our case, it uses the OWCA, we needed to put in the actual URL for the OCWA server. E.g, instead of using lcsmachine1.corp.domain.com as the LCS integration cert, we had to use ocwa.domain.com -- the actual web address of the machine.

This was a nightmare! I spent hours and hours troubleshooting and checking certs and listening to people tell me it was a cert issue and not believing them because I had followed MS's guide to do the install! My mistake, it seems.

Assigning the cert to ocwa.domain.com (a functioning URL as well), this immediately resolved the problem. That change, a restart of the services, and BB OC Messenger has been working without fail for months.

Sorry for the delay in posting the solution! Hope this helps someone else!
Closed Thread