Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
bigboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: at&t
Question Strange WAP Problem

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone seen this error? I'm using an 8700c on Cingular, and have been for a while. Cingular had to reprovision my service a month ago, and now WAP doesn't seem to be working. Cingular techs have seen that my account looks clean and our IT guys can't seem to find any issue on the BES side as well.

When I try to bring up the Cingular Browser, I get the following error when it tries to "secure" the connection:

An error has occurred while connecting with the WAP Gateway. Error Details: net.rim.device.cldc.io.waphttp.WAPIOException Error Code: 51

I'm now running 4.2.1, but it happened when I was running 4.1 too. And I've sent and resent the service books from BIS ad nauseum.

Any suggestions from the collective wisdom of this community?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
Has anyone seen this error? I'm using an 8700c on Cingular, and have been for a while. Cingular had to reprovision my service a month ago, and now WAP doesn't seem to be working. Cingular techs have seen that my account looks clean and our IT guys can't seem to find any issue on the BES side as well.

When I try to bring up the Cingular Browser, I get the following error when it tries to "secure" the connection:

An error has occurred while connecting with the WAP Gateway. Error Details: net.rim.device.cldc.io.waphttp.WAPIOException Error Code: 51

I'm now running 4.2.1, but it happened when I was running 4.1 too. And I've sent and resent the service books from BIS ad nauseum.

Any suggestions from the collective wisdom of this community?
Probably related to the RIM outage that occurred last evening.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
bigboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Probably related to the RIM outage that occurred last evening.
It's been going on for a month, so I don't think the outage has anything to do with it.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
bigboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, as the saga continues -- after multiple reprovisionings, it appears to be a device issue. But a hardware issue? It has occured when I was running 4.1 OS as well as 4.2. I guess my next step is to really wipe and reload the OS and see if that fixes it....
Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
lpereira1

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular

Im having the same issue. After deleting the service books, reregistering, and upgrading to the latest version of the software I have come to the conclusion its the device thats damaged in someway. WE put the sim in another 8700c and it works fine. Im getting the phone exchanged as I type this.
Closed Thread