Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
Digger
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: VZW
Default TMobile 7100t on BES 4.0 not sending emails

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, I am about to chuck this phone out the window! I can receive emails all day long, but I cannot send any emails! It tells me that there are isn't any Messaging Services configured when I try to compose an email.

Handheld ver = 4.0
BES = 4.0 SP1 HF1
MDS = On

I did an Ent. Act. twice on the phone to get it to pull in to the BES. I have checked all of the service book and compared them to my 7520. All are there with the addition of tM books. I went through all of the setttings and compared them to my 7520. There does not seem to be a difference between the two...

Please help! Before I have to pay for a broken phone!

Digger
Old 05-03-2005, 07:41 PM   #2
DoomBringer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7280
Carrier: cingular, no wait, AT&T

I've had issues like this in the past, and they were service book related. Eventually, I paved the device with a new OS (after a javaloader wipe and/or security wipe), and then reinstalled from scratch. After that, I removed the user account from BES, clearing everything out. Re-added the user, and then, I directly synced BES and the handheld (I dont trust desktop manager at all). After that, I re-pushed IT policy out to the handheld, which installed the proper service books.
Try re-pushing policy. It worked for me, but I paved the device completely beforehand. YMMV
Old 05-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #3
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Were you unplugged from your computer when you did the activations? Just curious. The times I've seen this happen were when the service books pulled down my email address instead of the SRP for the CMIME book.

I simply delete all 'Desktop' service books and activate the handheld anytime that I'm going through enterprise activation. It just seems cleaner that way.

Also, I hate to even ask this, but Outlook is set to deliver to the Exchange server and not a PST, correct?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
Digger

The phone was unplugged from the desktop. I did 5 other phones (Nxt and Vz) w/ wireless activation and they didn't have an issue.

We deliver to the server. The user can have a PST on their PC's, but main mail delivery is done to the OST.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #5
Digger

Thumbs up

Deleting the service books for the desktop worked! Thanks!!!

As soon as the Service Books resent to the 'trash' Mobile it started sending emails.

Thank you for the info!
Closed Thread