Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
soloo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Question Which type of case for BB Curve

Please Login to Remove!

While waiting for my Blackberry 8320 coming to me, would someone like to share your experience on using which type of case

flip case,
holster,
horizontal case,
skin case,
vertical case

do you recommend to carry Curve, in terms of protection, dust proof, conformability, accessibility and price? What is your recommendation in general?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I personally have always used a holster. I am using my 8800 holster which works perfectly with the 8320.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
Add

Model: 8300
Carrier: t-mobile

I have always liked the rubberized cases from seidio. had one on my 8100 and now on my 8300. You can't go wrong.

SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY 8300/CURVE
Old 09-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

I go for the skin case. I never had much luck with leather type cases. It seems it do more harm than good.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #5
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I'm another vote for the Seidio Rubberized Cases with Holster

Please try a Search
Old 09-20-2007, 07:54 AM   #6
epm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Well I've got to chime in for the leather OEM case with the magnetic flap. Works perfectly, and I like the feel of the leather. I read someone's tips/hints that talked about their dissatisfaction with it, due to needing two hands. Personally I've never used two hands with it. The swivel clip allows it to sit sideways on my belt. Flipping the magnetic flap with my forefinger allows me to slide the Curve without any problems, all in one motion. There's no pressure or damage to the BB, as has been reported with some of the clip-style carriers. In fact, my Curve looks as unscratched as it did the say I bought it. Yep, OEM leather with the magnetic flap, that's the ticket.

Just MHO, YMMV.

~epm
Old 09-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch
Carrier: at&t

I started off with an OEM silicone skin for my Curve. For about two months now I've used Seidio's hybrid case and I really like it. Very tough yet adds little bulk to the device. I carry it in a pocket and I hope I never have to clip a BB on my belt again. Anyway, my new Fortte case is en route and slated for delivery tomorrow (stupid UPS). I got a glove fit case, I think, it's been three weeks since I ordered it. It's more to try out than dissatisfaction with the Seidio case. I'm something of an accesory whore (often tons of extras thrown in when I sell a phone) and am always in search of the perfect case.

I do not like vertical cases. It's a personal preference but I just don't like the way they feel. I've had some horizontal cases that I've liked but I'm at a point where anything with a clip is just right out anymore. I've had too many negative experiences with a variety of belt clip cases popping off my belt including my 8700 taking an unfortunate tumble into a toilet last summer case and all.

Seidio makes great products. I've had four Berries in the past year or so and three of them had a Seidio product of some kind on them.

That's what I like, at least.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #8
rarexxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

I just ordered the OEM 8300 leather case from BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail minus a $5 off coupon. I've got the OEM leather case for the Pearl and like it alot.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd View Post
I'm another vote for the Seidio Rubberized Cases with Holster
Ditto here. I also add BSE on my screen as added protection.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #10
vporter

Model: Apple
PIN: I'll show you mine if you show me yours
Carrier: AT&T... Cingular... Definitely AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Here's another for Seidio rubberized cases!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900

Still considering the Seidio hybrid with holster. But I *love* the slender feel of the naked Curve and the fact that it's so slender, and I hate to lose that. Still using the OEM leather holster - it's holding up really well, and it's second nature after all this time to pop the Curve in or out of it. I guess it would be nice to have an alternative or two to switch off to.

I had used Vega belting leather holsters in the past. Wonderful quality - heavy (belting) leather, great stitching, edges are burnished/finished nicely, and the whole thing is rock solid. Vega's big specialty is actually making high end holsters for weapons like hand guns and knives, used by police and para-military units. I emailed them last week to ask if they made a case that fit the Curve properly - got a reply back telling me "yes" and quoting a price, but no picture, link to a web page, etc. So I wrote back asking for pics or links, and haven't heard back so far. Only other concern would be that if it's not designed as a true Blackberry case, it won't have the sleeper magnet, which would be a bummer. Without the magnet, you have to manually put the Curve in standby each time you holster it - or wind up with a battery fading out too quickly...
Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
justdonating
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 24289029

Quote:
Originally Posted by epm View Post
Well I've got to chime in for the leather OEM case with the magnetic flap. Works perfectly, and I like the feel of the leather. I read someone's tips/hints that talked about their dissatisfaction with it, due to needing two hands. Personally I've never used two hands with it. The swivel clip allows it to sit sideways on my belt. Flipping the magnetic flap with my forefinger allows me to slide the Curve without any problems, all in one motion. There's no pressure or damage to the BB, as has been reported with some of the clip-style carriers. In fact, my Curve looks as unscratched as it did the say I bought it. Yep, OEM leather with the magnetic flap, that's the ticket.

Just MHO, YMMV.

~epm
Another vote for the leather OEM case. I added a Shieldzone screen protector for good measure, but mine is in mint condition after 3 months of use.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:05 AM   #13
jmoonar32

Model: 8300

The BlackBerry Leather holster works great for me. Saves me a ton of battery life since it automatically puts it in standby mode. I also bought a screen protector to top it all off.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:32 AM   #14
zuiko
Thumbs Must Hurt

Anyone using the OEM leather holster with the Seido skin? That skin looks pretty decent but I'm not a huge fan of the hard plastic holster.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #15
Mark_Venture

Carrier: T-Mobile (w) - Verizon (P)

my t-mobile 8320 came with a "Vinyl Pocket"... Instead I'm using the belt holster from my 8800. The Curve is a little loose, but for right now, its better than nothing...
Old 09-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #16
GLOCKshooter

Will the 8300 cases fit the 8200? Looks like the camera cutout is in the same place. Are the dimensions and angles all the same?
Closed Thread