pamon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMO
Default Best way to transfer mail and pics from 8700 to 8320? Have mac & pc

Please Login to Remove!

Heres my dilemma...

Running my 8700C on TMO, its unlocked. Need to backup those msgs and pics stored to transfer to my 8320 that I just got (love it btw). Running primarily on a macbook but have a pc option to use as well.

Tried using pocketmac and it's hung up twice and don't have positive thoughts on it.

What's the best way for me to do this backup since the mac options appear somewhat limited? Use my pc to backup the 8700 and then sync it to the 8320?

Does the missing sync software for the mac work any better than the pocketmac for backing up mail and pics?

Hmmmm... would appreciate input..... haven't setup parallels or xp on my macbook yet but might be doing that sooner than planned based on answers....
Old 09-27-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

My recommendation? Go use a friend's PC.
Load the latest version of DM, backup the old BB for safety.
Then DON'T USE the Switch Device Wizard for this matter, it messes up your UMA settings in the new BB.

Rather, you will want to RESTORE certain items from the backup, to the new BB.
Read here, you would be starting from Step #4
WiFi on BlackBerrys- General Questions - BlackBerryFAQ

Good luck.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
Blaziniflo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamon View Post
Heres my dilemma...

Running my 8700C on TMO, its unlocked. Need to backup those msgs and pics stored to transfer to my 8320 that I just got (love it btw). Running primarily on a macbook but have a pc option to use as well.

Tried using pocketmac and it's hung up twice and don't have positive thoughts on it.

What's the best way for me to do this backup since the mac options appear somewhat limited? Use my pc to backup the 8700 and then sync it to the 8320?

Does the missing sync software for the mac work any better than the pocketmac for backing up mail and pics?

Hmmmm... would appreciate input..... haven't setup parallels or xp on my macbook yet but might be doing that sooner than planned based on answers....
I don't know how many msg's you have, but I would just forward them from the 8700c to your email and then load them on your curve. Or use 2 sims if you have that option, and msg from the 8700c to the curve. Sounds tedious but better than all the hangups on backup info and losing UMA, and then having to doing it all over again.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:54 AM   #4
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Missing Sync does have a "Photos" sync conduit that says it can export photos from the device to iPhoto. I've never tried it though.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:58 AM   #5
mutlee

Model: 8700R
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Transfer

It's much easier than that. With your T-Mo 8320 you rcvd in the box a 'BlackBerry User Tools' CD. Install it on your PC. There is an app that will transfer everything from your 8700 to the 8320 . Just plug in your old BB it will ask if you wish to transfer it's contents to your new BB. Say yes, it will back up the contents, then ask you to plug in the new device and write the contents to it.
Closed Thread